This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Attribute "showTitle" has already been defined

8 Answers 64 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Vamshi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vamshi asked on 02 Jun 2017, 09:13 AM

When I trying to add Telerik DLLs getting this error APT0000:Attribute "showTitle" has already been defined

I'm using xamarin forms 2.3.4.224

and xamarin android support libraries 25.1.0.

I can't added support libraries 23.3.0..because of I'm using Firebase DLL s  its dependencies and xamarin android support libraries should be 25.1.0

What is the solution?

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lance | Manager Technical Support
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jun 2017, 03:30 PM
Hi Vamshi,

There is no UI for Xamarin workaround for this. The maximum SDK version Telerik UI for Xamarin (Forms) currently supports is 23.3.0 (we are working on updating this this to Android 7 and is planned for an upcoming release). Please see this documentation for more information.

One route you can take is to downgrade your version of Firebase to a version that supports 23.3.0, then you can compile both together.

Alternatively, you can use UI for Xamarin.Android in a Xamarin.Android app instead of a Xamarin.Forms app. We do support Android 7, just not with the Xamarin Forms wrappers yet.

Regards,
Lance | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Vamshi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jun 2017, 06:48 AM
When I using Firebase some of support libraries not found in the version of 23.3.0. Those are available in the version of 24 and 25.
    Those are
       1) Xamarin.Android. support. Compact.dll.
       2)Xamarin. Android.Core.Ui.DLL
       3)xamarin. Android. Support. Udils.dll
       4)xamarin. Android. Fragment.dll

So can't we use telerik and firebase both together..
    Thanks..

Tsvyatko
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jun 2017, 08:06 AM
Hi Vamshi,

Thank you for sharing this information. Currently, we are working on update to appcompat version 25. The updated is expected to be released by the end of June.

Regards,
Tsvyatko
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tsvyatko
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jun 2017, 07:27 AM
Hi Vamshi,

We have identified the exact problem for this issue. Please, check the duplicate thread - http://www.telerik.com/forums/attribute-showtitle-has-already-been-defined

Regards,
Tsvyatko
Progress Telerik
Vamshi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Jul 2017, 04:56 AM

Vamshi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Jul 2017, 05:00 AM
I can't find solution....could you explain briefly..
Vamshi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Jul 2017, 05:02 AM

Hello,

When you are releasing updated  telerik DLLs(sdk version 25)...

Telerik team
answered on 05 Jul 2017, 02:25 PM
Hi Vamshi,

Please see this answer from Tsvyatko, in your other forum post thread you have going for this topic. He explains that you can use SDK 25, just make sure you are not mixing any v23 support libraries. 

If you have any further trouble, please reply back in that thread with the problem details instead of here.

Regards,
Lance | Tech Support Engineer, Sr.
Progress Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Vamshi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Telerik team
Vamshi
Top achievements
Rank 1