Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Vuyiswa Maseko
    Vuyiswa Maseko avatar
    187 posts

Posted 03 Jun 2011 Link to this post

Good Day All

i have an application that i use to test my example. i am creating a Cookie in Silverlight and access the Cookie in asp.net. In my example application works fine. The code for creating a Cookie is like this

private void SetCookies(string name, string value)
        // Call the SetCookie(name,value) JavaScript method
        string code = string.Format("document.getElementById('myIFrame').contentWindow.SetCookie('{0}','{1}')", name, value);
        HtmlPage.Window.Eval(code);
    }

and in my Page load of the Silverlight Page i have this

HtmlElement iframe = (HtmlElement)radHtmlPlaceholder1.HtmlPresenter.Children[0];
    // Set an ID to the IFrame so that can be used later when calling the javascript
    iframe.SetAttribute("id", "myIFrame");

I am using it this way because i want to access a Cookie or a Value from Silverlight in asp.net. The Element "RadhtmlplaceHolder1" is a telerik control that is being used as described here  [LINK]http://blogs.telerik.com/kirilstanoev/posts/11-05-10/reading_writing_cookies_with_htmlplaceholder_for_silverlight.aspx[/LINK]
    i will not go to the aspx page where the Cookie is being accessed, but the problem comes when setting it in this line

HtmlPage.Window.Eval(code);

Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt

Please note that this is on a SilverlightChild Window

Thanks
  2. Vuyiswa Maseko
    Vuyiswa Maseko avatar
    187 posts

Posted 05 Jun 2011 Link to this post

This was just a Security problem. i resolved it like this

1)Right click my computer and select properties

2)Select the "Advanced System Settings"

3)Select "Settings" in the Perfomance category

4) Select "Data Execution Prevention" tab

5) select "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except except those i select"

and click ok , the problem went away
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Rek
    Rek avatar
    1 posts

Posted 30 Jul 2013 Link to this post

Thank you very much.. I was frustrated in my project. It helped me.