This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

ASP.Net Ajax Q2 2011

1 Answer 53 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jeff Bradshaw
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jeff Bradshaw asked on 09 Sep 2011, 03:38 PM
I have ASP.Net Ajax Q3 2010 installed and running on my machine. My machine has VS 2010 installed but not 2008.

When I try to install ASP.Net Ajax Q2 2011, I make sure to tell it not to install the 2008 Extensions and it seems to work fine. But almost at the end of the install, a message box comes up saying:

Unable to setup Visual Studio 2008 templates. Please repair Visual Studion 2008 or disable the Visual Studion 2008 integration
    feature before attempting another install.

Any suggestions?

TIA - Jeff.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 12 Sep 2011, 08:51 AM
Hi Jeff,

Although the major RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX installations can co-exist, the VSExtensions cannot, because its only a single environment that they get plugged into. That's the reason when an installation gets started, it tries to remove the VSExtensions feature of a previous install.

With that in mind, I guess you had VS 2008 installed before, when you got the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q3 2010 distribution and the VSExtensions for VS2008 were installed there. It could be that the further uninstall of VS2008 did not remove some registry entries, thus causing the RadControls installer detect the existence of the previous version of the IDE.

Can you please, confirm my supposition? If that right, I would suggest that you uninstall the previous version of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX first and then run the Q2 2011 one again. It could help us very much if you run the installer with logging enabled and send us the log in case of a failure. Here are the steps of how to do that:
  1. Run a Command Prompt As Administrator
  2. Run the following command:
    msiexec /i [Path_To_RadControlsInstaller.msi] /limev C:\RadControlsInstallLog.txt
  3. Pack the C:\RadControlsInstallLog.txt and send it to us for a review

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Jeff Bradshaw
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
Share this question
or