This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

ASP.NET Ajax Q1 2011 and Visual Studio 2005

5 Answers 151 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alain
Top achievements
Rank 1
Alain asked on 20 Mar 2011, 01:23 AM
Hello,

I would like to know if ASP.NET Ajax Q1 2011 has still the Visual Studio 2005 support? Or it has been dropped?

On my Windows, Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 are installed, with Framework .NET 2.0.
I wanted to install this new Q1 2011 and what was my surprise that the installer requieres the Framework .NET 3.5 or 4 to be running.

If Q1 2011 has still Visual Studio 2005 support, what to do to install it without installing the Framework .NET 3.5 or 4?

Thank your for your answer,
Alain

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2011, 08:33 AM
Hi Alain,

We discontinued the .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005 support as of Q1 2011.
If you need the Visual Studio 2005 integration you will have to reinstall the VS Extensions. This can be done if you perform modify operation of your older RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX installer and enable the Visual Studio 2005 extension feature.

Kind regards,
Biliana
the Telerik team
swells
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Apr 2011, 07:56 PM
Okay, here's my situation.  I've built projects for that platform asp.net 2.0 and VS 2005.  No problem.  All's right with the world on my current development machine.  Except I have to upgrade to a new machine running windows 7.  What version do I need to install to be able to keep my projects working when I move them to that new development machine?  Funny as this sounds, I haven't been able to figure out what version of Rad Controls for ASP.NET AJAX I'm currently running.  Must be a state secret or something or I'm just dumb and can't find it. 
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
answered on 14 Apr 2011, 08:58 AM
Hi Steve,

You can see the version of the RadControls in your Visual Studio. Open your project, go to the References node and select one of the Telerik assemblies, right click on it and select Properties. There you will see the version of the RadControls for AJAX.

On the new machine you should just install the same version of the RadControls for AJAX in order to keep your projects working.

Regards,
Biliana
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Dean Killam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Aug 2011, 03:12 PM
Our company just puchased RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax v. Q1 2011. However, I'm running VS2005 with upgrade path to VS2010 later this year/early next year. Is it possible to download a previous installer/version or RadControls that would allow me to use the controls (or previous versions of the controls) in VS2005 right now? If so, can you provide the link or some method of getting that build? Thanks.
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 26 Aug 2011, 04:13 PM
Hi Dean,

You can get an older version of the RadControls installer through Your Account.
Here is the direct link to the latest release with VS2005 support.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Alain
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
swells
Top achievements
Rank 1