This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Are controls in build 2016.2.608.40 64 Bit?

3 Answers 375 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sachin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sachin asked on 30 Dec 2016, 12:08 PM

Hi,

We are using Telerik controls for Winforms version 2016.2.608.40 in our application.

We are planning to build our application to 64 bit. I want to know whether Telerik controls are 64 bit or 32 bit.

Also want to know does Telerik have any recommendation.

With regards,

Sachin

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 30 Dec 2016, 01:45 PM
Hi Sachin,

Thank you for writing.

The assemblies with the .40 endings are built NET 4.0. The configuration platform is set to target Any CPU. You can refer to the attached short video showing the Configuration Manager dialog of our solution with the source code.

Please note that 64-bit applications in WinForms tend to run slower compared to those built for 32-bit. Some of the example projects featured in our Demo application are built the x86 platform because they are using the adodb.dll assembly which does not run on 64-bit configuration.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Hristo
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Sachin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jan 2017, 11:52 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. 

Considering that 2GB of virtual memory is sufficient for my application to run, do you recommend to build the application in 32 bit?

With regards,

Sachin

Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jan 2017, 12:39 PM
Hi Sachin,

Thank you for writing.

It is up to you to decide whether you will build the application to target 32-bit or 64-bit. The allocated virtual memory for a process also relates to the chosen platform. You can check the following MSDN articles for more detailed information on how the memory is managed in 32-bit and 64-bit environments: 
I hope this helps. Should you have further questions please do not hesitate to write back.

Regards,
Hristo
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Sachin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Hristo
Telerik team
Sachin
Top achievements
Rank 1