This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Appointment Background Color

3 Answers 196 Views
ScheduleView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Srikanth
Top achievements
Rank 1
Srikanth asked on 21 Dec 2010, 10:06 PM
We are using the ScheduleView. Here is the question. We use this to show the surface booked by many different customers. Each customer can be assigned a color ( we store this in our database). The Appointment style selector example is great... but in our case, the colors need to change dynamically. How can we achieve this. I know I can create a XAML and use ResourceDictionary. the problem is that our clients have the ability to swap colors or add new customers and new colors.

Thanks in Advance.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 27 Dec 2010, 04:21 PM
Hello Srikanth,

The easiest way to accomplish your requirement is to use custom appointments - just add a new property of type Brush for example to your appointment and bind it in the appointment template.

Greetings,
Valeri Hristov
the Telerik team
Browse the videos here>> to help you get started with RadControls for WPF
Alon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jan 2011, 12:13 PM
Hello,

I know this is a novice question ... but I was wondering if you could post the "binding" part of your suggestion? (Or just a link to an example or help documentation that discusses editing the appointment templates with customized bindings?)

Thanks in advance,

Alon
George
Telerik team
answered on 03 Feb 2011, 01:05 PM
Hello Alon,

Please, refer to the Miroslav Nedyalkov's blog post - http://blogs.telerik.com/miroslavnedyalkov/posts/10-11-25/how_to_create_custom_appointments_and_custom_appointment_dialog_in_telerik_scheduleview.aspx 

Best wishes,
George
the Telerik team
Let us know about your Windows Phone 7 application built with RadControls and we will help you promote it. Learn more>>
Tags
ScheduleView
Asked by
Srikanth
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
Alon
Top achievements
Rank 1