I tried to follow the steps in Modifying a Built-In Theme
1. I opened Theme solution from Telerik installation folder
2. I noticed that all the project inside the solution has .NET Framework 3.5 client profile as its target framework. So I changed it to .NET Framework 4.
3. I rebuilt all project inside the Theme solution.
4. I changed ControlBackground property of RadTreeListView (RadTreeListView.xaml) in Windows7 project to <SolidColorBrush x:Key="ControlBackground" Color="Red" />. So it is similar to your example of using Telerik approach to change the theme.
5. I changed the XAML file, I re-build the project and I noticed that the timestamp of Telerik.Windows.Themes.Windows7.dll is updated correctly.
6. I opened my CustomTheme project, and added reference to Telerik.Windows.Themes.Windows7.dll from step 5.
7. I modified App.xaml.cs with this following line:
8. I rebuilt my CustomTheme project and run the application.
9. I still see the background of my control is not red as shown in attached jpeg file (telerikmodifybuiltintheme.jpg)
Did I miss some steps?
Another question it's regarding the modifying theme using Telerik approach. I have included all the files from Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.xaml. But I still miss the functionality of text editing. When I edit the column, the editor disappear and I can't see the text that currently being edited as shown in attached jpeg file (telerikemptyeditor.jpg)
So, what xaml files that are needed to fix the empty editor issue?