AppBuilder windows client crashing After 1 jully 2014 update

6 posts, 1 answers
  1. Niteen
    Niteen avatar
    3 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2012

    Posted 02 Jul 2014 Link to this post

    Hi,

    After appbuilder update, it asked to update the workspace for my project which i did and also committed the project as instructed. now when i try to open the project the appbuilder crashes while "Loading Extensions". i have attached the files created in the temp folder during this activity.

    Please help.
  2. Tina Stancheva
    Admin
    Tina Stancheva avatar
    3298 posts

    Posted 03 Jul 2014 Link to this post

    Hi Niteen,

    We haven't received any similar reports after the release and therefore I am not sure what went wrong on your machine. Can you please attach the log files from the AppBuilder Windows client - they are located under the %localappdata%\Telerik\BlackDragon\Logs directory.

    Also, can you confirm whether this issue occurs only when opening a specific project? It would help to know whether the issue is reproducible with all projects in the AppBuilder WIndows client. If there is only one project which leads to this unexpected behavior, we would appreciate it if you can share it with us in a support ticket. Then we can further investigate the case on our side.

    Thank you in advance for your cooperation on the matter.

    Regards,
    Tina Stancheva
    Telerik
     

    Share what you think about AppBuilder and Telerik Platform with us in our feedback portal, so we can become even better!

     
  3. Niteen
    Niteen avatar
    3 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2012

    Posted 03 Jul 2014 in reply to Tina Stancheva Link to this post

    Hi,

    Yes this issue is will all the projects. even i checked with a new project also.
    Attaching the log file generated.

    I have also raised a support ticket for this ticket no 835519

    Thanks
  4. Zdravko
    Admin
    Zdravko avatar
    657 posts

    Posted 03 Jul 2014 Link to this post

    Hello Niteen,

    Thanks for the provided log.
    I have already sent a reply to you in the ticket with ID 835519. Please take a look at it.
    I would suggest continuing our communication there so you can benefit from the response time of the private support tickets and keep the investigation process consistent.
    Thanks.

    Regards,
    Zdravko
    Telerik
     

    Share what you think about AppBuilder and Telerik Platform with us in our feedback portal, so we can become even better!

     
  5. Ali Tahiri
    Ali Tahiri avatar
    1 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2010

    Posted 03 Jul 2014 in reply to Zdravko Link to this post

    Hi

    I have the same problem.
    What should I do?

    Many thanks for your support.
  6. Answer
    Zdravko
    Admin
    Zdravko avatar
    657 posts

    Posted 03 Jul 2014 Link to this post

    Hi Ali,

    As a solution attempt I would suggest the following:
    1. Close all your clients (VS, Graphite).
    2. Delete %localappdata%\Telerik\BlackDragon\Cache folder.
    3. As we haven't seen your logs we can't be sure it is the same case. If the issue persists please open a private ticket and attach your zipped %localappdata%\Telerik\BlackDragon\Logs folder there.
     
    In the meantime you can continue working on your project using our in-browser client.

    Regards,
    Zdravko
    Telerik
     

    Share what you think about AppBuilder and Telerik Platform with us in our feedback portal, so we can become even better!

     
Back to Top