I am sorry to see that you are having issues with the AppBuider Windows
client. We will gladly help you get over them and we will need your help in order to do that.
Can you send over the AppBuilder
logs - they are located under %localappdata%\Telerik\BlackDragon\Logs
Also, if you can easily reproduce the connection errors, please run Fiddler
to capture the HTTP requests AppBuilder performs
in that moment. In order to capture the traffic with Fiddler follow these steps:
- Download Fiddler from here and install it.
- Run Fiddler and go to Tools -> Fiddler Options.
- On the HTTPS page, verify that Capture HTTPS Connects is enabled.
- Verify that Decrypt HTTPS traffic is enabled with the ...from all processes option and minimize Fiddler to tray.
- Run your AppBuilder client and perform the operations that failed
- In Fiddler, go to File -> Save -> All Sessions, save the archive to disk. This will produce a SAZ file.
- Zip the .saz file and send it over
Lastly, if you can get the crash dumps that would help us to find more information about the issue on your system. You can see how to enable collecting user-mode dumps here. Then you can open them up on your side and see what they contain. The advantage of opening them on your system is that you will be able to find more detailed information about the crash, which we will not be able to get on our side. In order to examine the crash dumps you can follow these steps:
- Install "Debugging Tools for Windows" from Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows. Note that you do not need to install all tools from the sdk, just the debugging tools.
- Open "windbg.exe" for x86 from the Debugging Tools installation folder.
- Click File -> Open Crash dump
- Select the crash dump
- Execute the following commands:
.loadby sos clr
- Examine the result and/or click "Edit -> Write Window to text file" and send us the resulted text file.
Thank you in advance for your assistance on this matter.