App crashing with Docking after Q3 2013 SP2 Update

2 posts, 1 answers
  1. Anthony
    Anthony avatar
    58 posts

Posted 18 Feb 2014 Link to this post

Hi,

I am not sure what has changed but after I updated to Q3 2013 SP2 my app that uses docking is now crashing with an exception that it can no longer find the PRISM region "ShellMainRegion". Before the update I had no issues and my code has not changed in over a year.

If I comment out the Docking control my application has no issues.

My XAML snippet is below.

Thanks
    Anthony

​            <telerik:RadDocking x:Name="RadDocking" BorderThickness="0" PreviewShowCompass="OnRadDockingPreviewShowCompass" Close="OnRadDockingClose" PaneStateChange="OnRadDockingPaneStateChange" AllowDrop="False">
                    <telerik:RadDocking.DocumentHost>
                        <telerik:RadSplitContainer AllowDrop="False">
                            <telerik:RadPaneGroup BorderThickness="0" AllowDrop="False">
                                <telerik:RadDocumentPane Header="DocPane" Visibility="Collapsed" CanUserClose="False" ContextMenuTemplate="{x:Null}" AllowDrop="False">
                                    <Grid x:Name="ShellMainGrid" Margin="-10,-10,-10,-10" Background="{StaticResource WindowBackgroundBrush}">
                                        <ContentControl x:Name="ShellMainRegion" Margin="5,5,5,0" prismrgn:RegionManager.RegionName="ShellMainRegion" VerticalContentAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalContentAlignment="Stretch"/>
                                    </Grid>
                                </telerik:RadDocumentPane>
                            </telerik:RadPaneGroup>
                        </telerik:RadSplitContainer>
                    </telerik:RadDocking.DocumentHost>
                    <telerik:RadSplitContainer x:Name="RadSplitContainer" InitialPosition="DockedLeft" AllowDrop="False">
                        <telerik:RadPaneGroup x:Name="RadPaneGroup" AllowDrop="False"/>
                    </telerik:RadSplitContainer>
                </telerik:RadDocking>
  2. Answer
    Kalin
    Admin
    Kalin avatar
    1207 posts

Posted 21 Feb 2014 Link to this post

Hello Anthony,

We are already aware that issue in the Q3 2013 SP2 release of the controls and it has already been fixed. The fix is available with the latest internal build, so my suggestion would to upgrade the version of the controls.

Please give it a try and let us know if you still have any issues.

Regards,
    Kalin
    Telerik
  3. UI for WPF is Visual Studio 2017 Ready