This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Another Error 503 Issue

5 Answers 75 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Phillip Foster
Top achievements
Rank 1
Phillip Foster asked on 14 May 2012, 03:11 PM
Ok, So i have been searching the forums and trying all the suggestions, but currently nothing is working.(maybe i'm doing it wrong).

Server: Windows 2008 64 bit

I installed TeamPulse on the server, and it immediately gave the 503 error after install. 
I have now enabled 32 bit applications in the properties. 
I installed the RCP over http proxy feature. 
My password on the AppPool is correct.
The site is set to windows authentication only. 

However, even with all this. I start the appPool, try to go to the TeamPulse homepage and i get the 503 error and the appPool stops. 

Any other suggestions?

Thank you !

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Phillip Foster
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 May 2012, 08:02 PM
I have now since tried installing this on just a 32 bit OS and I am still unsuccessful. 
David Harris
Telerik team
answered on 14 May 2012, 08:58 PM
Hi Phillip,

We're sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. One suggestion I have is to try running the ASP.NET IIS Registration Tool by typing the following at a command prompt:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319>aspnet_regiis -i 

Please note that your specific .NET framework version number may be slightly different so you may need to alter the path (and most certainly will need to on the 32 bit OS machine).

If this does not resolve the issue for you, would it be possible for to send us your windows event logs from the web server captured just after restarting the TeamPulse app pool and attempting to access the site?

In addition, would it be possible to zip and send us all of the log files found in the TeamPulse install directory Logs folder?

Thanks,

David Harris
the Telerik team
Phillip Foster
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 May 2012, 03:47 PM
OK! I have determined the issue with the "503" error. 
This was due to the account that was assigned on the appPool did not have batch logon rights. 

NOW I have a new issue. I no longer get the 503 error, however the page will just continually try to load. 
It cycles through "Website found" and "redirecting" but never actually gets anywhere. Sometimes you don't see the redirecting portion.. it just clocks, slowly moving the progress bar. It did initially prompt me to install silverlight after I corrected the batch logon issue. I did install silverlight and this started happening. 

If i manually go to /WebLogin/Login.aspx  an activation screen will load. but the page is definitely not loading correctly. 

Any other suggestions?

David Harris
Telerik team
answered on 24 May 2012, 07:38 PM
Hi Phillip,

Occasionally our installer doesn't manage to set the correct IIS settings, so I will ask you to follow the steps specified in the following KB article and fix up any differences in your IIS configuration. Please pay special attention to the "Anonymous Authentication" settings.

If that does not resolve the problem, please contact us and we will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

All the best,
David Harris
the Telerik team
Brian D
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 30 Aug 2012, 04:40 PM
I was about to ask for help on this issue too, when I discovered there is a problem with Found/302 responses and IE10.   When I changed to compatibility mode it fixed that problem.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Phillip Foster
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Phillip Foster
Top achievements
Rank 1
David Harris
Telerik team