This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Another 100% height problem

2 Answers 97 Views
Splitter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mattias
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mattias asked on 11 Sep 2009, 07:29 AM
Hi,
I have a splitter with two Panes on my page and depending on how much content there is in it I want the splitter to expand completely to prevent a scroll in one of the panes.
It almost work if I set the height of the html, body, form and the splitter tags to 100%.
The problem is when there is more content in one of the panes then the browser window height (100%), then the pane adds a scroll so I get two scrolls, one in the pane and one in the browser. And I just want the browser scroll!

So I tried to replace every height:100% from the html to the splitter tags to min-height:100% instead with no success.

Maybe I missed some property but is it possible to remove the panes scrolls and have the splitter to min-height:100% because I want the splitter to show to the bottom of the page even if there isn't so much content.

Some example code:
<html> 
<head> 
     <style type="text/css"
          html, body, form, .radSplitter, .radSplitterMain, .radSplitterNews { min-height:100% } 
     </style> 
</head 
<body> 
     <div style="min-height:100%"
        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter1" Runat="server" CssClass="radSplitter"  
         ResizeWithParentPane="False" VisibleDuringInit="false" Width="100%" 
        PanesBorderSize="0" BorderSize="0"
        <telerik:RadPane id="MainPane" runat="server" BorderWidth="0" CssClass="radSplitterMain"
            text, text, a lot of text!!! 
        </telerik:RadPane> 
        <telerik:RadSplitBar id="RadSplitbar1" runat="server" CollapseMode="Backward"></telerik:RadSplitBar> 
        <telerik:RadPane id="RightPane" runat="server" width="200" Scrolling="None" BorderWidth="0" CssClass="radSplitterNews"
            text, text 
        </telerik:RadSplitter> 
     </div> 
</body> 
</html> 

Regards,
Mattias

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mattias
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Sep 2009, 07:42 AM
Hi again,

I saw that I didn't set Scrolling="None" on the MainPane and after setting that the scroll disappears, thats good! :)
But:
The splitter stays at the (I guess) default height of 400px so it clips the content straight off!? Not good! :(
It feels like this is something that can be solved, can you guys figure out a way to set the splitter of min-height 100% of the window?
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 16 Sep 2009, 08:22 AM
Hello Mattias,

In order to correctly configure the RadSplitter to occupy 100% of the screen and to have only a single scrollbar when needed, please modify your code in the following manner:

<html> 
<head> 
    <style type="text/css">    
     html, body, form  
     {  
        height: 100%;  
        margin: 0;  
        padding: 0;  
        overflow: hidden;  
     }  
     </style> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <div style="height: 100%">  
        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter1" runat="server" CssClass="radSplitter" ResizeWithParentPane="False" 
            VisibleDuringInit="false" Width="100%" PanesBorderSize="0" BorderSize="0" Height="100%">  
            <telerik:RadPane ID="MainPane" runat="server" BorderWidth="0" CssClass="radSplitterMain">  
                text, text, a lot of text!!!  
            <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="RadSplitbar1" runat="server" CollapseMode="Backward"></telerik:RadSplitBar> 
            <telerik:RadPane ID="RightPane" runat="server" Width="200" Scrolling="None" BorderWidth="0" 
                CssClass="radSplitterNews">  
                text, text  
        </telerik:RadSplitter> 
    </div> 
</body> 
</html> 

An online example which demosntrates this approach is available below:

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/splitter/examples/resizewithwindow/defaultcs.aspx

Kind regards,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tags
Splitter
Asked by
Mattias
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Mattias
Top achievements
Rank 1
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team