This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Am I missing something?

1 Answer 41 Views
Diagnostics
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
John asked on 15 May 2012, 12:05 AM
I'm using RadDiagnostics to display the yes/no message box for sending diagnostic information after an exception occurs. However, if I click "no" and choose not to send the diagnostic information my app remains open. How do I get the app to close after the message box appears?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Todor
Telerik team
answered on 15 May 2012, 09:06 AM
Hi John,

Thank you for your question.

This is a little tricky as there is no official way to exit a Windows phone application, because supposedly you don't need to. One trick for this is to throw an unhandled exception. However, what the Diagnostics component does is, to "handle" the unhandled exception and prevent the application from exiting, so this would not help in this case. If you set the Diagnostics' HandleUnhandledException property to false, the application will quit, when an exception is thrown, but you will not get a chance to send the report. We will continue evaluating our options here and try to improve the behavior in this scenario with our next release, which is coming next month.

Kind regards,
Todor
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
Diagnostics
Asked by
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Todor
Telerik team
Share this question
or