All my Telterik Control became disabled

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Christine
    Christine avatar
    3 posts

Posted 01 Feb Link to this post

Hi,

I am going through an issue with Telerik controls, all my Telterik Control because disabled, like RadEditor, RadListBox and RadAutoComplete. I installed the Telerik Version=2016.1.113.35, before that I was having the Telerik Version=2015.2.623.45. After installing I converted all my Application and its related components from .Net 3.5 to .Net 4.0, now all my Telerik Controls became disabled, the ones which were working before also became disabled.

Any help what could the reason and solution for it, any think like a link, a code snippet or even a suggestion would be helpful.

Here is my code:

Hide   Expand    Copy Code
    <%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/Site.Master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Login.aspx.cs" Inherits="ResearchStudiesAdmin.Website.Login" %>

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="HeadContent" runat="server">
    </asp:Content>
    <asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent" runat="server">
     <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel runat="server" ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1">
        </telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>
        <telerik:RadAjaxManager runat="server" ID="RadAjaxManager1">
            <AjaxSettings>
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadAjaxManager1">
                    <UpdatedControls>
                    </UpdatedControls>
                </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            </AjaxSettings> 
            <AjaxSettings>
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadAjaxManager1">
                    <UpdatedControls>
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="radLongDesc" />
                    </UpdatedControls>
                </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            </AjaxSettings>

</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

<telerik:RadSkinManager ID="RadSkinManager1" runat="server" ShowChooser="true" />
        <div class="demo-containers">

<pre>
        <div class="demo-containers">            
            <telerik:RadEditor Height="300px" Width="700px" ID="radLongDesc" runat="server" ToolbarMode="Default"
                StripFormattingOptions="all" ContentAreaMode="Div">
                <tools>
                                <telerik:EditorToolGroup Tag="MainToolbar">
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="Print" ShortCut="CTRL+P" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="AjaxSpellCheck" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="FindAndReplace" ShortCut="CTRL+F" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="Cut" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="Copy" ShortCut="CTRL+C" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="Paste" ShortCut="CTRL+V" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="FormatStripper" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="PasteStrip" />
                                </telerik:EditorToolGroup>
                                <telerik:EditorToolGroup>
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="Undo" ShortCut="CTRL+Z" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="Redo" ShortCut="CTRL+Y" />
                                <telerik:EditorToolGroup Tag="InsertToolbar">
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="LinkManager" ShortCut="CTRL+K" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="Unlink" ShortCut="CTRL+SHIFT+K" />
                                <telerik:EditorToolGroup Tag="Superscript">
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="Subscript" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="InsertParagraph" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="InsertHorizontalRule" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="Bold" ShortCut="CTRL+B" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="Italic" ShortCut="CTRL+I" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="JustifyLeft" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="JustifyCenter" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="JustifyRight" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="JustifyFull" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="JustifyNone" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="Indent" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="Outdent" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="InsertOrderedList" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="InsertUnorderedList" />
                                    <telerik:EditorTool Name="ToggleTableBorder" />
                            </tools>
            </telerik:RadEditor>            
            <br />
            <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="RequiredFieldValidator4" runat="server" ErrorMessage="Long Description."
                CssClass="ErrorMsg" ControlToValidate="radLongDesc" ValidationGroup="vgSave" Display="Dynamic"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
        </div>
    </div>

Thanks in advance.

2. Vessy
    Admin
    Vessy avatar
    1385 posts

Posted 02 Feb Link to this post

Hi Christine,

I have just answered your support ticket on the subject, so I suggest that we continue our conversation in it. Once the problem is resolved, you can feel free to update this thread with the resolution of the case.

Regards,
    Vessy
    Telerik
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Tim
    Tim avatar
    2 posts

Posted 08 Sep Link to this post

I'm having a very similar issue...was this ever resolved?  Thanks!
  5. Marin Bratanov
    Admin
    Marin Bratanov avatar
    3600 posts

Posted 08 Sep Link to this post

Hello Tim,

The issue in the OP's case was an incorrect registration of our HTTP handlers (they had the "runtimeVersion 2.0" modifier). You can read more details here: http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/general-information/troubleshooting/general-troubleshooting#using-the-telerik-controls-with-radscriptmanager-on-your-login-page-throws-an-error.

As I advised in your support ticket on this issue, the best  course of action is to copy them from the documentation: http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/general-information/web-config-settings-overview#mandatory-additions-to-the-webconfig.

Regards,

Marin Bratanov
    Telerik by Progress
    Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.