ajaxRequest not firing server side after upgrade to 2011 controls

7 posts, 0 answers
  1. Travis
    Travis avatar
    28 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2010

    Posted 15 Jun 2011 Link to this post

    Everything was working fine beforehand, we have upgraded our controls and they have stopped working. 

    Once a window is closed, ajaxRequest is called client side.  I am certain of this I used firebug to step into the code.  However, it never connects with the server.  Does anyone know of any breaking changes that would cause this?  We upgraded our controls for one of our products (sorry thread says 2011 it's actually to 2010.3).
  2. Travis
    Travis avatar
    28 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2010

    Posted 15 Jun 2011 Link to this post

    Anyone?

    Exact product version 2010.1 --> 2010.3 telerik.web.ui.dll.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Travis
    Travis avatar
    28 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2010

    Posted 15 Jun 2011 Link to this post

    Could setting the window to null have anything to do with my problems?  I don't know who put this line in our code base, but when I comment it out it seems to make difference.  Example:

     

                function EditPhoneNumber(phoneNumberId)
                {
                    action = 'phone';
                    var window = $find("<%=EditWindow.ClientID%>");                
                    window.setUrl("../Popup/PhoneNumberEdit.aspx?mode=edit&id=" + phoneNumberId);
                    window.show();
                    window.center();
                    window = null;
                }

    **Thought window = null had something to do with it but it appears that I may have been wrong.

  5. Travis
    Travis avatar
    28 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2010

    Posted 15 Jun 2011 Link to this post

    Javascript that is fired (tested through firebug), server side event never gets called.

                    if (action == "phone")
                    {
                        if (args == true)
                        {
                            $find("<%=PhoneNumberPanel.ClientID %>").ajaxRequest("refresh|");
                        }
                    }

    The beginning element for phonenumberpanel:

            <telerik:radajaxpanel runat="server" id="PhoneNumberPanel" width="850px" cssclass="center" enableajax="true" onajaxrequest="PhoneNumberPanel_AjaxRequest" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" >           

  6. Travis
    Travis avatar
    28 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2010

    Posted 15 Jun 2011 Link to this post

    As an update, I used httpfox for firefox and found that my ajaxRequest never creates an HTTP post. 

    Anyone?
  7. Tsvetina
    Admin
    Tsvetina avatar
    1876 posts

    Posted 20 Jun 2011 Link to this post

    Hi Newton,

    Can you confirm if you are using the Ajax Control Toolkit on the page? If so, try the following:

    1) If it is not the latest version or if your RadControls version is not the latest official, update to the latest ones. They work together seamlessly.

    2) If both RadControls and the toolkit use latest versions, make sure that you specify the ClientIDMode for the page to be AutoID. This can be either done in the Page directive or in the web.config. More information about it is available here.

    All the best,
    Tsvetina
    the Telerik team

    Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Back to Top
UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017