1. The photos are retrieved with the Kendo DataSource, which requests image URLs via the Flickr API.
2. The touch and multi-touch capabilities are achieved with a custom Kendo-based widget, which we later decided to not include in the official product.
3. The search functionality is implemented with a Kendo AutoComplete widget.
4. Animations are Kendo-based.
5. The layout adjustments on browser window resize are a custom implementation - the ListVew is rebound and we calculate how many images to show and how large they should be.
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI