I'm wondering if anyone can shed a little light on some issues i' m having with using an AdvancedForm control as the insert and edit templates in conjunction with AdvancedForm.js
I'm comparing the behaviour with my app and the demos online.
The problem I'm seeing is with regards to whether or not i'm editing the master or child occurrence.
In the telerik demos
- when i edit a series on any appointment the appointment state is 1 Master, recurrecne rule intact, no parent Id, ID is int
- when i edit only an occurrence the state is 3 Exception, no rule, parent Id is original int ID, Id is originalInt_#
Should the appointment type when editing for a single occurrence be an Exception before the exception appointment has been created?
In my app right now:
- when i edit a series on only the first appointment: state is 1 (Master), recurrence rule intact, no parent Id, ID is Guid (seems fine)
- when i edit series on a child occurrence: state is 2 (Occurrence), no recurrence rule, parent Id is parent Guid_IndexInt
- when i edit the single occurrence on a child again state is 2 (Occurrence), no recurrence rule, parent Id is parent Guid_IndexInt
The recurrence form is not populated properly when editing a series of a child occurrence.
Although my app is not working proeprly it seems correct for a child occurrecne to be type 2 when editing a single occurrecne to create a tyep 3 exception...
Why is there a difference from what i see in my app and the online demos?
I am using the AdvancedForm.ascx control and the AdvancedForm.js and the code is the same from what you show online since I got it from telerik site.
What is the meaning of a recurrecen Starte 2?
Which flow of events that i present is correct?
I would think the demos are correct?