Adding Telerik toolbox to visual studio 2017

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. Samara
    Samara avatar
    7 posts

Posted 18 May Link to this post

Hey, 

So I downloaded the telerik toolkit trial first and then I downloaded visual studio 2017. I followed the link below to add the toolkit into visual studio, but I'm getting a message that says "There are no usuable controls in this group. Drag an item onto this text to add it to the toolbox." Is there another method to try for adding the toolkit? 

http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/general-information/integration-with-visual-studio/adding-the-telerik-controls-to-the-visual-studio-toolbox

2. Samara
    Samara avatar
    7 posts

Posted 18 May in reply to Samara Link to this post

So I double checked my .NET version to make sure I was getting Telerik.Web.UI.dll from the right bin folder. And when I add the toolkit it tells me that the controls were added but aren't enabled in the active designer, is there something I have to do to enable them?
  3. Vesko
    Admin
    Vesko avatar
    102 posts

Posted 22 May Link to this post

Hello Samara,

I am sorry for the late reply.

I would recommend to use the Toolbox Configuration utility which is a part of our Visual Studio extensions. Here is how to install our Visual Studio extensions:

1. Launch Extensions and Updates (Tools | Extensions and Updates...).
    2. Navigate to Online.
    3. Search for "telerik asp.net ajax vsextensions".
    4. Download and install Telerik ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions.

You can find more about the Toolbox Configuration utility here:

http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/general-information/integration-with-visual-studio/visual-studio-extensions/toolbox-configuration

Regards,
    Vesko
    Telerik by Progress
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
  4. Samara
    Samara avatar
    7 posts

Posted 23 May in reply to Vesko Link to this post

Hey Vesko, 

No worries. Ok so I've tried the 4 steps you suggested, and it did do an update and it said it installed the Telerik ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions successfully, but still nothing is appearing the in the toolbox. I tried to run the toolbox configuration utility after that to see if it would do anything, and VS2017 did restart but nothing changed. I tried going through the choose items method once more and it tells me the files were "successfully added but are not enabled in the active designer". So I'm being told everything was installed fine, but then my toolbox doesn't show any of the telerik tools.  

Any other ideas for what could check or try? I'm using .NET 4.5 so I don't think that's the issue, but I'm not sure what the issue could be.

Thanks,

Samara

5. Vesko
    Admin
    Vesko avatar
    102 posts

Posted 25 May Link to this post

Hi Samara,

I've just seen that you have initiated a private communication regarding this issue. We will respond there.

Regards,
    Vesko
    Telerik by Progress
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.