This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Adding items in VS2008

3 Answers 66 Views
OutlookBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
James Ludlow
Top achievements
Rank 1
James Ludlow asked on 20 Jan 2010, 03:08 PM
I'm obviously having a dumb day, but I can't seem to easily add items to my Outlook bar? I've added the two references to my project, then gone to my toolbox, chosen the RadOutlookbar and then drawn it on to my Window. I get the main part of the Outlook bar, but no items within the component. When I go to Properties, and click on the three dots next to the Items property I get the dialog box appear, but there are no items I can add, and the 'Add' button is grayed out.

Hilp!

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jan 2010, 03:45 PM
Hello James,

Thank you for your feedback. Indeed, this scenario is currently not available. However, it will be supported with this week's latest internal build. When the build is available, give it a try and let me know if you still experience the same issue. I have also updated your Telerik account with 1000 points.

Greetings,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
James Ludlow
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Feb 2010, 10:57 AM
HI, has this been implemented yet? I've just installed the latest build and still don't seem to be able to easily add items within the RADOutlookBar, other than adding them through XAML.
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 11 Feb 2010, 12:09 PM
Hi James,

Actually I was able to add OutlookBarItems to OutlookBar in VS's designer. This is what I did:

I downloaded the 14.05 binaries.

In the General tab of the Toolbox, I right-clicked and selected "Choose Items".

In the window that appeared, I selected the "WPF Components" tab and then clicked the "Browse" button.

I navigated to where I have downloaded the 14.05 binaries and added both Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll and Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation.dll

Once I hit the "OK" button, the controls appeared in my toolbox.

Then I dragged an OutlookBar control onto the design surface and from its property grid I selected the Items property.

When the Collection Editor opened, I was able to add an OutlookBarItem.

Could you please let me know whether these steps work for you? If not, let us know so we can assist you further.

Sincerely yours,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
OutlookBar
Asked by
James Ludlow
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
James Ludlow
Top achievements
Rank 1