This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Adding fiddler.exe as a reference in VS2013

1 Answer 92 Views
Extensions and Customization
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
DOGMA1138
Top achievements
Rank 1
DOGMA1138 asked on 14 Dec 2014, 01:59 AM
Hi,

I'm having some issues adding fiddler.exe as a reference in VS2013, no matter what i do VS does not recognize it as a reference when building the solution.
Intellisense reads it just fine and i can add it and any object within in it to the code without any issues.
I've tried this both in a new project and an in an existing inspector solution I've grabbed from github (I'm modifying the WCF binary inspector to decode FastInfoset encoded messages), also tried copying the exe locally instead of grabbing it from the Program Files directory.
Has anyone experienced this issue or has any insights in how to solve it?

P.S.
For fiddler 4 is it possible to use .NET 4/4.5 project profiles for fiddler (4) plugins? the fiddler documentation is quite outdated  and it still instructs me to create a .NET 3.5 solution.

Thanks.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Eric Lawrence
Telerik team
answered on 15 Dec 2014, 03:33 PM
Fiddler is in no way magical. :-)

My first guess is that you're trying to build a .NET4-targeted assembly and using .NET2 Fiddler as a reference (or vice versa). If so, you shouldn't do that; your assembly target platform should match the version of Fiddler you have installed (v4/4.5 or v2/3.5).

Unless there's some reason you need to use .NET4, you generally should target .NET3.5 so that your extension works properly for all users of Fiddler.

Regards,
Eric Lawrence
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Extensions and Customization
Asked by
DOGMA1138
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Eric Lawrence
Telerik team
Share this question
or