This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Add VSExtensions to Visual Studio 2012

3 Answers 617 Views
Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Steve LaForge
Top achievements
Rank 1
Steve LaForge asked on 19 Sep 2012, 03:24 PM
I installed the ASP.NET AJAX, Windows Forms, Reporting and OpenAccess ORM on my laptop that already had Visual Studio 2010 installed.  I recently installed Visual Studio 2012.  When I launch VS2010, I see Telerik project types as an option for getting started, but I don't see those in VS2012.  I assume that I need to add the VS extensions, but how?  When I look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2012 SP1\VSExtensions, I have a directory for VS2008 and for VS2012. 

How do I update VS2012 to also have these project types and to update the toolbox accordingly?

Thank you!

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Chavdar Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Sep 2012, 01:46 PM
Hello Steve,

Thank you for contacting us.

In order to install the VS 2012 Extensions, you need to perform a Change operation through the installer. Unfortunately, this is still not possible via the Telerik Control Panel (we already work on implementing feature selection) and you should use the msi installers.

Here are the steps to follow:
  1. Run the installer of the version you have installed on the machine
  2. Click Next
  3. Click Change
  4. Enable the Visual Studio 2012 Extension feature
  5. Click Next
  6. Click Change

This should do the trick. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,
Chavdar,
the Telerik team
RadControls for WinForms Q2'12 release is now live! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Steve LaForge
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Oct 2012, 09:03 PM
I am sorry to be so long getting back to this, but I got sidetracked with another project.  I don't quite follow your instructions.  I installed these with the Installer, so where do I find the installation programs that you mention?  I found the C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Control Panel directory, but I can't find any other installers.  I am looking for .MSI files.  What am I missing?  I got the impression from your response that I should have these files on hand?  Do I need to download something additional?

Thank you!
Accepted
Chavdar Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 09 Oct 2012, 06:29 AM
Hi Steve,

You should have the*.msi installers of all products you have installed through the Control Panel in %programdata%\Telerik\Installer\Downloads. If you miss any, you can download them from our web site. To do this, please follow the steps bellow:
  1. Log into our web site
  2. Open the Manage Products menu, then click DevCraft Complete (or any other license you have purchased)
  3. Click the 'Download Installer and Other Resources' link (now you should see your products)
  4. For the chosen product click 'Browse all product files' (see screenshot attached)
  5. Download the Automatic Installation package (an MSI installer, for WinForms ~94 MB)

Let me know if you experience any further difficulties.

Kind regards,
Chavdar,
the Telerik team
RadControls for WinForms Q2'12 release is now live! Check out what's new or download a free trial >>
Tags
Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Steve LaForge
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Chavdar Dimitrov
Telerik team
Steve LaForge
Top achievements
Rank 1