Access External HTML File using RADEditor webpart (SP 2010)

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Kathiravan
    Kathiravan avatar
    1 posts

Posted 02 Nov Link to this post

Hi,

we are having a requirement to use the editor webpart to access the externally hosted html file and modify the changes and preview the design in the webpart. With the help of RADEditor webpart, i can able to write the html and see the preview but dont have an option to access the external HTML (similar to content editor webpart path properties). Is there way to do this?

Regards

Kathir

2. Ianko
    Admin
    Ianko avatar
    1535 posts

Posted 07 Nov Link to this post

Hello Kathiravan,

The same question is asked in a support ticket sent to us (ID: 1072217). If you have any further questions on the topic, please consider continuing the conversation there. 

For anyone else interested in the same topic I am pasting my answer from the ticket response here:

"RadEditor Web Part is designed to work only with SharePoint's lists and database. Thus, the functionality you are after is not covered by this product.  

The case you have can be accomplished by creating a custom Web Part for SharePoint, where you can possibly use the plain RadEditor control. But the logic to load content from external file and write back in external files should be further implemented."

Regards,
    Ianko
    Telerik by Progress
    Check out the new UI for ASP.NET Core, the most complete UI suite for ASP.NET Core development on the market, with 60+ tried-and-tested widgets, based on Kendo UI.