This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Access Denied

3 Answers 80 Views
HTMLPlaceHolder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Vassili King
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vassili King asked on 04 Oct 2010, 06:58 PM
Hi,

I have a RadHtmlPlaceholder on a page.  Its SourceUrl is set to http://www.google.com.  The thing works on my local box, but breaks when published on a dev box.

I'm getting the following error:

What is causing this?

Thank you!

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
answered on 07 Oct 2010, 07:57 AM
Hello Vassili,

We are not aware of such an existing issue. Could you please share more details, perhaps giving us a callstack showing where in RadHtmlPlaceholder the error occurs.

Sincerely yours,
Kiril Stanoev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Vassili King
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Oct 2010, 09:54 PM
Hi,

Well, the issue is quite simple (just 3 steps):

Step 1: Use Telerik sample with HTML Viewer (the one that displays Google page inside of a Silverlight app) to create a solution (it has a silverlight app with the main page loading another Silverlight page that has RadHtamlPlaceholder, which, in turn, loads Google as specified in SourceUrl parameter).
Step 2: Publish it somewhere (for example,  http://www.mysite.net/TelerikViewer.aspx)
Step 3: Create a .NET app with a Default.aspx on it. Drop an iFrame on the page and make its source equal to the url from Step 2. I get "Access Denied" when trying to run this app.

The error is actually shown as an exlamation sign inside of a yellow triangle on the status bar.

Here's more on the error:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.4; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; MS-RTC LM 8; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 20:59:08 UTC

Line: 95
Char: 13
Code: 0
URI: ...

Note:
The thing works fine if I use Telerik's page as a source for the iFrame:

<iframe id="Iframe1"
                scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"
                vspace="0" hspace="0" style="overflow:visible; height:700px; width:100%;"
                src="http://demos.telerik.com/silverlight/Default.aspx?windowless=true#HtmlPlaceholder/FirstLook" ></iframe>

It does not, however, when I use the solution created in Steps 1 and 2:

<iframe id="Iframe1"
                scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"
                vspace="0" hspace="0" style="overflow:visible; height:700px; width:100%;"
                src="http://www.mysite.net/TelerikViewer.aspx"></iframe>

Any ideas on how to make this work will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

-VK.
Vassili King
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Oct 2010, 09:04 PM
Never mind.

I took a different approach that seems to be working fine.  My old approach was modeled after the Telerik Demo (that, inside of a SharePoint PageViewer web part, which is, technically, an iFrame).  My new approach is modeled after the courswork provided by Telerik.

I both cases I have a Telerik accordion control with each tab displaying a different Page. All pages are loaded into placeholders on the accordiop tabs.  Two are actual pages inside of the same app, the third one is a page that contains HTMLPlaceHolder that, in turn, points to another Silverlight app on a different domain.

The major difference is that, instead of loading the page with HTMLPlaceHolder on it into aa placeholder, I have the HTMLPlaceHolder on the accordion tab directly.

Best regards,
VK.
Tags
HTMLPlaceHolder
Asked by
Vassili King
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kiril Stanoev
Telerik team
Vassili King