A possible issue with Fiddler on windows 10

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Roy
    Roy avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2015

    Posted 25 Aug 2015 Link to this post

    Recently updated to windows 10 and found Fiddler is behaving weird. I got some wcf web services hosted locally for dev purpose.

    When I try to call wcf service, while Fiddler is running, everything is fine.

    When Fiddler is turned off (exited) wcf service does not work, client complaints it can't find the service.

    Uninstalled Fiddler and restarted the PC, everything is fine.

    Seems like Fiddler is not clearing up some settings somewhere..

    Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

    Cheers guys.. 




  2. Eric Lawrence
    Eric Lawrence avatar
    833 posts

    Posted 25 Aug 2015 Link to this post

    Hi, Roy--

    We've been using Fiddler on Windows 10 since the first tech previews, and about 18% of our users are currently using Fiddler on that OS. There are no known issues with Windows 10 at this time.

    Uninstalling Fiddler doesn't change any settings at all.

    While Fiddler isn't running, what do you see inside IE's Tools > Internet Options > Connection > LAN Settings screen?

    What is the "client" in your scenario? Is it a browser, or a managed or native application? 

    Eric Lawrence
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Roy
    Roy avatar
    2 posts
    Member since:
    Aug 2015

    Posted 27 Aug 2015 in reply to Eric Lawrence Link to this post

    Hi Eric,

    Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay in replying.

    While Fiddler is running it correctly changing the Connection settings in IE and once Fiddler is closed, connection settings are reverted to what ever it was (in my case it is Auto Detect).

    My client is a Silverlight app, which calls WCF services.


    I got another AngularJS/HTML5 app which calls REST web api, which works without needing Fiddler running.

    My network guy had a look at as well, and we could not figure it out. Why I suspected Fiddler was once uninstalled and restarted everything was fine. :(







Back to Top