Thank you for voicing your problems and concerns. It has been two weeks now since the new Telerik Platform release and we're stabilizing the environment and polishing small bugs as we go. With that said, we are working on improving the performance to at least the previous levels, so expected development on that matter.
As for the AppBuilder Windows Client crashing - you are the first person to report such problems. What is the OS you're running it on and is it a physical or virtual machine?
You can try to wipe clean the Telerik AppBuilder installation:
- Close all AppBuilder instances. Open the Task Manager and make sure that there are no running processes with the name Icenium.Graphite.exe. If there is - kill it.
- Uninstall Telerik AppBuilder.
- Delete all contents in the %localappdata%\Temp\IceDeviceSimulator folder.
- Delete all contents in the %localappdata%\Telerik\BlackDragon\ folder.
- Delete all contents in the %localappdata%\Apps\2.0 folder.
- Re-install Telerik AppBuilder.
If the problem persists, in order to help you further, we would need the following information:
- Session logs from FiddlerCap (with the Decrypt HTTPS Traffic option enabled). Start it prior
Telerik AppBuilder and save the HTTP requests to disk. Zip the sessions and upload it to this ticket.
- Windows event logs: are there any Telerik AppBuilder related errors once the problem occurs? You can save the relevant event log entries, zip and upload those as well.
Icenium is now Telerik AppBuilder
, and is part of the Telerik Platform
. For more information on the new name, and to learn more about the Platform, register for the free online keynote and webinar
on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. ET (8:00 a.m. PT)