This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

A couple of questions

3 Answers 227 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kenneth
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kenneth asked on 01 Dec 2006, 04:54 PM
Hello,

I have been testing the report tool in a web project for a while now and I have a couple of questions.

1. Will it be possible to have several (not nested) Groups and specify different datasources and Details Sections? I have some scenarios where each group would contain completly different items and "columns" but still we want to have them on the same page (and report).

2. I have three textboxes (a textbox on each "row" below each other) and have been testing the CanShrink property. Let's say the first textbox is empty but the other two are not, is it possible that the other two textboxes 'move up', the second textbox takes the first textbox place etc? I know I can solve this problem and merge the three fields into just one field before it reaches the report and only have one (multiline)-textbox, but it's not so elegant.

3. In the next release, will it be possible to print the whole report and not just the current page?

Regards
Kenneth

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 04 Dec 2006, 05:04 PM
Hi Kenneth,

Usually grouping is used to group the data together by criteria. Generally speaking different data sources deliver different data so I guess that the best solution is to use subreports. The 1st CTP version does not have such report item but for the final release we will provide one. Using the subreport item you can embed several different reports in one report. Different reports can use different data sources and you can arrange your “master” report to look exactly the same way as a report with groups.

About the textboxes – now we are working on item events that will allow you to control the item behavior at runtime when binding and printing items, and I think handling these events will help you achieve your goals.

You’ve missed to tell us what viewer you’re using to print the reports but I think that with the win viewer you can choose whether to print the whole report – all pages or current page or only some of the pages.

Best wishes,
Svetoslav
the telerik team
Kenneth
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Dec 2006, 10:13 PM
Thanks for your reply.

It sounds like subreports will be a very flexible feature, looking forward to try it out. Do you know if events will be included in the next ctp?

I was referring to the web viewer. I have only managed to print the current page of a multipage report.
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 05 Dec 2006, 08:23 AM
Yes, Kenneth, events will be included in the next CTP, expected 18th of December.

Regards,
Rob
the telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Kenneth
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetoslav
Telerik team