Scheduler - External Edit in RadDock

6 posts, 1 answers
  1. MICHAEL
    MICHAEL avatar
    5 posts

Posted 19 Dec 2013 Link to this post

Hello,

I m using the radscheduler with external edit in RadDock. Everything works fine exept when i set a reminder. The reminder Pop up opens normally but when you press Open Item i get two Pop Ups (the default and the RadDock). The same problem you can simulate in your online examples. Is there any way to open only the raddock form?

thank you!
  2. Answer
    Boyan Dimitrov
    Admin
    Boyan Dimitrov avatar
    1746 posts

Posted 20 Dec 2013 Link to this post

Hello,

I would like to clarify that your observations are absolutely correct. Please use the following workaround in order to avoid this problem:
    //code behind
    protected void RadScheduler1_FormCreating(object sender, SchedulerFormCreatingEventArgs e)
        {
            RadSchedulerRecurrenceEditor1.ResetLayout();

if (e.Mode == SchedulerFormMode.Insert || e.Mode == SchedulerFormMode.Edit || e.Mode == SchedulerFormMode.AdvancedEdit || e.Mode == SchedulerFormMode.AdvancedInsert)
            {
                EditedAppointment = e.Appointment;
                e.Cancel = true;
            }

var appointmentToEdit = RadScheduler1.PrepareToEdit(e.Appointment, RadScheduler1.EditingRecurringSeries);

ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(Page, GetType(), "formScript", "Sys.Application.add_load(openForm);", true);
            PopulateEditForm(appointmentToEdit);
        }

Regards,
    Boyan Dimitrov
    Telerik
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. MICHAEL
    MICHAEL avatar
    5 posts

Posted 21 Dec 2013 Link to this post

Thank you very much for the solution!

The problem i face now is that when i open the item the reminder keeps poping up. Is there a solution for this?

thank you!

5. Hristo Valyavicharski
    Admin
    Hristo Valyavicharski avatar
    975 posts

Posted 26 Dec 2013 Link to this post

Hi Michael,

To fix this add the following javascript code: 
    Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.prototype._getFormElement = function() {
        var radDockID = "<%= RadDock1.ClientID %>";
        var formElement = $('#' + radDockID).filter(":visible");
        return formElement[0] || null;
    }

Note that you must pass the ID of the RadDock to the formElement.

Regards,
    Hristo Valyavicharski
    Telerik
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
  6. MICHAEL
    MICHAEL avatar
    5 posts

Posted 18 Jan 2014 Link to this post

Thank you very much for the reply but i dont understand how to pass the id of the RadDock. The RadCocks id is RadDock1.
  7. Hristo Valyavicharski
    Admin
    Hristo Valyavicharski avatar
    975 posts

Posted 22 Jan 2014 Link to this post

Hi Michael,

Try to replace the RadDock1 with yours. What happens then? Are you able to get reference of the control?

Regards,
    Hristo Valyavicharski
    Telerik
UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017