This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Scheduler - External Edit in RadDock

5 Answers 58 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
MICHAEL
Top achievements
Rank 1
MICHAEL asked on 19 Dec 2013, 07:59 AM
Hello,

I m using the radscheduler with external edit in RadDock. Everything works fine exept when i set a reminder. The reminder Pop up opens normally but when you press Open Item i get two Pop Ups (the default and the RadDock). The same problem you can simulate in your online examples. Is there any way to open only the raddock form?

thank you!

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Dec 2013, 02:56 PM
Hello,

I would like to clarify that your observations are absolutely correct. Please use the following workaround in order to avoid this problem:
//code behind
protected void RadScheduler1_FormCreating(object sender, SchedulerFormCreatingEventArgs e)
    {
        RadSchedulerRecurrenceEditor1.ResetLayout();

if (e.Mode == SchedulerFormMode.Insert || e.Mode == SchedulerFormMode.Edit || e.Mode == SchedulerFormMode.AdvancedEdit || e.Mode == SchedulerFormMode.AdvancedInsert)
        {
            EditedAppointment = e.Appointment;
            e.Cancel = true;
        }

var appointmentToEdit = RadScheduler1.PrepareToEdit(e.Appointment, RadScheduler1.EditingRecurringSeries);

ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(Page, GetType(), "formScript", "Sys.Application.add_load(openForm);", true);
        PopulateEditForm(appointmentToEdit);
    }

Regards,
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
MICHAEL
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Dec 2013, 08:02 AM

Thank you very much for the solution!

The problem i face now is that when i open the item the reminder keeps poping up. Is there a solution for this?

thank you!

Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 26 Dec 2013, 08:44 AM
Hi Michael,

To fix this add the following javascript code: 
Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.prototype._getFormElement = function() {
    var radDockID = "<%= RadDock1.ClientID %>";
    var formElement = $('#' + radDockID).filter(":visible");
    return formElement[0] || null;
}

Note that you must pass the ID of the RadDock to the formElement.

Regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
MICHAEL
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jan 2014, 04:33 PM
Thank you very much for the reply but i dont understand how to pass the id of the RadDock. The RadCocks id is RadDock1.
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jan 2014, 12:45 PM
Hi Michael,

Try to replace the RadDock1 with yours. What happens then? Are you able to get reference of the control?

Regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
MICHAEL
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
MICHAEL
Top achievements
Rank 1