RadComboBox Auto-Complete Problem

10 posts, 0 answers
  1. Yazan
    Yazan avatar
    5 posts

Posted 19 Jul 2013 Link to this post

I've been waiting for this problem to be fixed in one of the new releases with no luck.
    I have the recent version of Telerik ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2013 With SP1
    Here is the problem:
    Markup:
    <telerik:RadComboBox ID="MyRadCombo" runat="server" Skin="Office2007" MarkFirstMatch="True"
            Width="405px">
         <Items>
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Action Date" Value="Action Date" />
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Date Seized" Value="Date Seized" />
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Date Soft" Value="Date Soft" />
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Dispo Type" Value="Dispo Type" />
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Dispo Kind" Value="Dispo Kind" />
         </Items>
    </telerik:RadComboBox>
    Code Behind:
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
         if
    (!Page.IsPostBack)

MyRadCombo.Focus();
    }
    Suppose I want to select 'Dispo Type', I would use the keyboard to type 'Dispo Type'. Here is what I get when I type the first letter 'D':

Now, I'm not able to fetch 'Dispo Type' because the auto-complete function already decided to add the letter 'a' without any good reason. So I need to hit backspace twice and then the auto-complete function would work fine. Note that this problem does happen only just after the first postback.

Thank you,
  2. Plamen
    Admin
    Plamen avatar
    2729 posts

Posted 24 Jul 2013 Link to this post

Hello Yazan,

I have increased the property for fixing the issue and we will make our best to fix the issue as soon as possible. Please excuse us for the inconvenience caused by the issue once again.

Regards,
    Plamen
    Telerik
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Yazan
    Yazan avatar
    5 posts

Posted 12 Aug 2013 Link to this post

Thank you for your reply,
    I wish you could reply on this post when the issue is fixed (maybe in one of the upcoming SP) in order for me to get notified. Because I'm checking this post every now and then.

Cheers,
  5. Plamen
    Admin
    Plamen avatar
    2729 posts

Posted 16 Aug 2013 Link to this post

Hello,

I have created a public item about the issue that you can follow and vote for it here.

Regards,
    Plamen
    Telerik
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
  6. chris
    chris avatar
    22 posts

Posted 10 Oct 2013 Link to this post

Same problem. Would like a fix.
  7. Plamen
    Admin
    Plamen avatar
    2729 posts

Posted 14 Oct 2013 Link to this post

Hi Chris,

You can vote for the issue and follow its status in our FeedBackPortal here.

Regards,
    Plamen
    Telerik
  8. Yazan
    Yazan avatar
    4 posts

Posted 08 Jul in reply to Plamen Link to this post

Hi Plammen. It's been 3 years since I reported this. When can we expect it to be fixed?
  9. Plamen
    Admin
    Plamen avatar
    2729 posts

Posted 11 Jul Link to this post

Hello,

I have inspected the issue once again and noticed that it was fixed for Q3 2014 SP1 version of the controls. I have also tested it with the latest version and it worked correctly at my side.

Regards,
    Plamen
    Telerik by Progress
    Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
  10. Yazan
    Yazan avatar
    4 posts

Posted 11 Jul in reply to Plamen Link to this post

Yes. That's right. The code I posted was a simplified sample that I created on a side. However, the actual code that's breaking on my end does not use:
    MyRadCombo.Focus()
    . It rather uses:
    RadScriptManager1.SetFocus(DDLHelpTopic.ClientID + "_Input").

Another case the problem occurs is when I set the focus from JavaScript. Like so:

window.onload = function () {
           $find($telerik.$("[id$='DDLHelpTopic']").attr("id")).get_inputDomElement().focus();
    };

11. Plamen
    Admin
    Plamen avatar
    2729 posts

Posted 14 Jul Link to this post

Hello,

Yes indeed -in such scenarios we recommend using the .Focus() server method of the control in order to focus its input initially. 

Regards,
    Plamen
    Telerik by Progress
    Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017