RadTooltip in TemplateColumn (GridView) is not working (ItemDataBound)

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Alvaro
    Alvaro avatar
    7 posts

Posted 12 Jun 2013 Link to this post

I have a Gridview with a ToolTip in an ItemTemplate Column Type, loading information
    through an  user control. At the top I have a DropDownList that filters the information
    displayed when loading the page. The problem occurs when, in the first load of the page and,
    according to the DropDownList filter value, there is no results; when I change
    the filter value, and data is displayed in the gridview, the OnAjaxUpdate event does
    not fire, which does not happen if i got results in the first page loading, so I think that
    there is some kind of detail I'm forgetting, on the ItemDataBound event.
    Any suggestions?
  2. Marin Bratanov
    Marin Bratanov avatar
    3558 posts

Posted 17 Jun 2013 Link to this post

I advise that you examine the following demo that is quite close to this case: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/tooltip/examples/targetcontrolsandajax/defaultcs.aspx?product=tooltip. You need to make sure that targets are added when needed and that they are deleted before the grid is paged/filtered. Also, the RadToolTipmanager must also be a part of the partial postback.

Marin Bratanov
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
  3. DevCraft R3 2016 release webinar banner