I have created an online CodePen Demo: http://codepen.io/DrYSG/pen/wnDxL
where I have a Grid bound to a KendoObservable 1-D array. The Array is meant to be (Item, Value) pairs. There are a number of clumsy things here that I would like to clean up.
- I would love it if you supported Grid's that had Vertical Orientation, so that I could just have display 1-D array, and use the Column Headings for each item: see: http://www.kendoui.com/forums/ui/general-discussions/vertical-grid-property-grid.aspx
- Doing the lookup for the value and changing it involves hard constants (stateTable.Value = foo. Do I have to have a use an index table that translates integers to keys. I.e. var StatusKey = 0, TileCountKey = 1, etc. (then it would be stateTable[TileCountKey] = 2) Still seems clumsy.
- This would be especially fragile, if the user could add and delete rows. (batch editing).
- The KendoObservable.set() is not working for this example. So I am doing a manual trigger, which I saw in a post by Alexander Valchev, but I don't see document anywhere. This also feels a bit clumsy.
- Why is there a scroll bar on my Grid?
Bottom line. It works now, but I want to know if there is something in KendoUI today, that would make this cleaner, and if not, do you have anything in UserVoice planned to fix this up?