This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Invalid JSON Primitive

1 Answer 165 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Peter asked on 06 Nov 2012, 04:25 PM
hi

i am getting the following error , ive looked through the forums and i cant seem to find any help , the main problem is that i cant replicate it , i have tried on different browsers etc and i cant replicate it .

i am only getting it on a few client machines.

[ArgumentException: Invalid JSON primitive: .]
   System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializePrimitiveObject() +930307
   System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeInternal(Int32 depth) +376
   System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.BasicDeserialize(String input, Int32 depthLimit, JavaScriptSerializer serializer) +120
   System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit) +57
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadButton.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +238
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) +1018
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2653

can you give any suggestions on where i can look to find the error.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 09 Nov 2012, 01:21 PM
Hello Peter,

Could you please share your page markup as well as the related code behind so we could further investigate on the issue? Also could you try using regular asp UpdatePanel on the page instead of RadAjax controls and verify if this makes any difference?

Kind regards,
Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
Share this question
or