Spell Check Handler Server Error:500

6 posts, 0 answers
  1. Sam
    Sam avatar
    11 posts

Posted 25 Oct 2012 Link to this post

I have a rad Editor in the web form inside MVC razer project.  every thing work fine except when I click on Ajax spell Checker I receive this error: Spell Check Handler Server Error:500
    and also on the find/replace button getting error:
    Web.config registration missing!
     The Telerik dialogs require a HttpHandler registration in the web.config file. Please, use the control's Smart Tag to add the handler automatically, or see the help for more information: Controls > RadEditor > Dialogs > Introduction

it looks like not finding the handlers.
    I have put the radSpell data files in App_Data

My web.config file is
    <httpHandlers>
         <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler" validate="false" />
         <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" validate="false" />
         <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" validate="false" />
       </httpHandlers>

<system.webServer>
          <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_SpellCheckHandler_axd" path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler" />
          <add name="Telerik_Web.UI_DialogHandler_aspx" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" />
          <add name="Telerik_Web.UI_WebResource_axd" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" />
         </system.webServer>

any help would be appreciated

2. Rumen
    Admin
    Rumen avatar
    12851 posts

Posted 26 Oct 2012 Link to this post

Hi,

To enable the inline Ajax spellchecker of RadEditor, set the SpellCheckSettings-AjaxUrl="/Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" property, e.g.

<telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEditor1" Runat="server" DialogHandlerUrl="~/Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.axd" SpellCheckSettings-AjaxUrl="/Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd"></telerik:RadEditor>

Regards,
    Rumen
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Sam
    Sam avatar
    11 posts

I have enabled the inline Ajax spellChecker of RadEditor as you mentioned but I am getting now this error

Web.config registration missing!
     The spellchecking functionality requires a HttpHandler registration in web.config. Please, use the control Smart Tag to add the handler automatically, or see the help for more information.

/Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd

and I have the web.config as I have explained above. it is look like not seeing the handler again.

5. Rumen
    Admin
    Rumen avatar
    12851 posts

Hello,

Try to remove the following property SpellCheckSettings-AjaxUrl="/Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd". If the problem still persists set SpellCheckSettings-AjaxUrl="~/Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" and test again.

Kind regards,
    Rumen
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
  6. Joe
    Joe avatar
    11 posts

Posted 03 Jul 2013 Link to this post

I have the same problem, RadEditor in MVC, and the RadEditor cannot find the SpellChecker resource after the RadEditor is rendered.
    I have tried every combination:
    <SpellCheckSettings AjaxUrl="/Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd"/>
    <SpellCheckSettings AjaxUrl="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd"/>
    <SpellCheckSettings AjaxUrl="~/Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd"/>

and also not including this setting.
    I also tried
    <SpellCheckSettings AjaxUrl=@Url.Content("~/Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd")/>

My web.config has the perfect settings as recommended:
      <httpHandlers>
        <!--The <httpHandlers> tag is used when your ASP.NET MVC application is hosted in 
            IIS6, IIS7 in classic mode or Visual Studio's built-in web server.-->
        <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" validate="false" />
        <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler" verb="*" validate="false" />
        <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" verb="*" validate="false" />
        <add path="ScriptResource.axd" verb="GET,HEAD" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" validate="false" />
      </httpHandlers>
    </system.web>
    <system.webServer>
      <handlers>
        <!--The <handlers> tag is used when your ASP.NET MVC application is hosted in IIS7 integrated mode.-->
        <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" />
        <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_SpellCheckHandler_axd" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler" />
        <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_DialogHandler_aspx" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" />
        <add name="ScriptResource" verb="GET,HEAD" preCondition="integratedMode" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
      </handlers>

I am looking for new suggestions.
    My next ideas are:
    1. try to set the RadEditor SpellCheckerUrl from the javascript platform.
    2. try adding a RadSpell control and a custom button and forget about the RadEditor embdeded spell checker.

Why is this so hard?

Joe

7. Ianko
    Admin
    Ianko avatar
    1535 posts

Posted 03 Jul 2013 Link to this post

Hello Joseph,

Please check the original ticket, where the resolving of this issue is started. I have answered you there.
    The solution is to put an additional ignore route like the code example bellow.
    public static void RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes)
    {
        routes.IgnoreRoute("{resource}.axd/{*pathInfo}");
        routes.IgnoreRoute("{*allaxd}", new { allaxd = @".*\.axd(/.*)?" });
        routes.MapRoute("UpdateJob", "Home/UpdateJob/jobId", new { controller = "Home", action = "UpdateJob", jobId = UrlParameter.Optional });
        routes.MapRoute("Default", "{controller}/{action}/{id}", new {
    controller = "Home", action = "Index",
    id = UrlParameter.Optional });
    }

In addition for this example to work the AjaxUrl properties of the SpellCheckSettings must be removed.

Regards,
    Ianko
    Telerik
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017