Localization

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. JS
    JS avatar
    4 posts

Posted 25 Oct 2012 Link to this post

Hi there

I understand localization is now available for Kendo Ui Complete for ASP.NET MVC.
    I know where to find the DLLs for the resources, but how do I implement them? I'm using Razor.

*UPDATE*
    The resource DLLs are located in the "bin\language" folder and my globalization settings are set to "Auto". I can make use of my own resources and everything translates automatically. However, the Kendo Grid (like update/edit/cancel) does not change.
    What am I missing here?

Kind regards,

Jesse
  2. Daniel
    Admin
    Daniel avatar
    2117 posts

Posted 31 Oct 2012 Link to this post

Hello Jesse,

Please check this documentation topic for information on the options to localize the Kendo MVC wrappers.

Regards,
    Daniel
    the Telerik team
    Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
  3. UI for ASP.NET MVC is VS 2017 Ready
  4. JS
    JS avatar
    4 posts

Posted 01 Nov 2012 Link to this post

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

When I open the source, I see the resource files already include the languages I want to use.
    Do I still need to compile a new assembly or is it possible to set the language according to the current culture?

What I don't understand is the following from the example of your link:
    filter => filter.Messages(msg => msg.IsTrue("is true"))
  5. Daniel
    Admin
    Daniel avatar
    2117 posts

Posted 06 Nov 2012 Link to this post

Hello again Jesse,

If the culture already exists you should just change the application/thread culture to the needed one. 
    Regarding the second example - it shows how you can set the messages from the configuration. All messages can also be set this way.

Regards,
    Daniel
    the Telerik team
    Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
UI for ASP.NET MVC is VS 2017 Ready