This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Localization

3 Answers 131 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
JS
Top achievements
Rank 1
JS asked on 25 Oct 2012, 07:45 PM
Hi there

I understand localization is now available for Kendo Ui Complete for ASP.NET MVC.
I know where to find the DLLs for the resources, but how do I implement them? I'm using Razor.

*UPDATE*
The resource DLLs are located in the "bin\language" folder and my globalization settings are set to "Auto". I can make use of my own resources and everything translates automatically. However, the Kendo Grid (like update/edit/cancel) does not change.
What am I missing here?

Kind regards,

Jesse

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Daniel
Telerik team
answered on 31 Oct 2012, 08:01 AM
Hello Jesse,

Please check this documentation topic for information on the options to localize the Kendo MVC wrappers.

Regards,
Daniel
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
JS
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Nov 2012, 07:54 PM
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

When I open the source, I see the resource files already include the languages I want to use.
Do I still need to compile a new assembly or is it possible to set the language according to the current culture?

What I don't understand is the following from the example of your link:
filter => filter.Messages(msg => msg.IsTrue("is true"))
Daniel
Telerik team
answered on 06 Nov 2012, 03:19 PM
Hello again Jesse,

If the culture already exists you should just change the application/thread culture to the needed one. 
Regarding the second example - it shows how you can set the messages from the configuration. All messages can also be set this way.

Regards,
Daniel
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
JS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Daniel
Telerik team
JS
Top achievements
Rank 1