RadUpload in RadWindow

4 posts, 2 answers
  1. orim
    orim avatar
    29 posts

Posted 09 Oct 2012 Link to this post

hi,
    i want to implement a small solution for uploading csv files.
    i put a radupload inside radwindow - Problem: i need to keep the radwindow open "onclick" the "Submit" button.
    I know i need a postback for radupload but Is there any solution to keep the radwindow open after postback.
    I triied it with ajax but it doesnt work
    Thanks
  2. Answer
    Princy
    Princy avatar
    17421 posts

Posted 10 Oct 2012 Link to this post

Hi Orim,

Try the following code to achieve your scenario.

ASPX:
    <telerik:RadWindow ID="RadWindow1" runat="server" NavigateUrl="Default.aspx" VisibleOnPageLoad="true">
      <ContentTemplate>
        <telerik:RadUpload runat="server"  ID="RadUpload1" AllowedFileExtensions="csv" TargetFolder="~/Uploads/">
        </telerik:RadUpload>
        <asp:Button runat="server" ID="Button1" Text="Upload" onclick="Button1_Click" />
      </ContentTemplate>
    </telerik:RadWindow>

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Princy.
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Answer
    rdmptn
    rdmptn avatar
    72 posts

Posted 10 Oct 2012 Link to this post

Or create a separate page for your RadUpload that you can load in the RadWIndow with its NavigateUrl property. It will be a separate context, so you an upload files independently from the main page.
  5. <span>w</span>
    <span>w</span> avatar
    84 posts

Posted 13 Oct 2012 Link to this post

hi Dear, Always take care mime type as well and don't overwrite your existing file.

<telerik:RadWindow ID="RadWindow1" runat="server" NavigateUrl="Default.aspx" VisibleOnPageLoad="true">
      <ContentTemplate>
        <telerik:RadUpload runat="server"  ID="RadUpload1" OverwriteExistingFiles="false" AllowedMimeTypes="text/csv"  AllowedFileExtensions="csv" TargetFolder="~/Uploads/">
        </telerik:RadUpload>
        <asp:Button runat="server" ID="Button1" Text="Upload" onclick="Button1_Click" />
      </ContentTemplate>
    </telerik:RadWindow>

Regards
    Muhammad Waseem