This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Recurrence

4 Answers 76 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Al
Top achievements
Rank 1
Al asked on 30 Aug 2012, 05:58 PM
I have a webpage with a RadScheduler but the recurring appointments are not showing up correctly.

A single appointment will show up with the recurrence symbol on it, ahd when I double click the appointment it will ask if i want to use just the single appointment or the series.  However, no other appointments show up, only the first.

I am using the same information in the database and also have a WinForms application that uses that Schedueler.  That information displays correctly.

I have a SQL database with as far as I can tell correct fields.
The Create Table Script:
/****** Object:  Table [dbo].[ScheduledTable]    Script Date: 08/30/2012 13:49:05 ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO

SET ANSI_PADDING ON
GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[ScheduledTable](
[AppointmentID] [bigint] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
[Subject] [varchar](max) NULL,
[StartTime] [datetime] NULL,
[EndTime] [datetime] NULL,
[Description] [varchar](max) NULL,
[RecurrenceRule] [varchar](max) NULL,
[ParentID] [varchar](200) NULL,
  CONSTRAINT [PK_ScheduledTable] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED 
(
[AppointmentID] ASC
)WITH (PAD_INDEX  = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE  = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS  = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS  = ON) ON [PRIMARY]
) ON [PRIMARY]

GO

SET ANSI_PADDING OFF
GO

On the page load I have: 

Dim AppointmentDT As DataTable = SQLRowToDt(ConnStr, "Select * From AppointmentTable Where EmployeeID = " & EmployeeID)

RadScheduler1.DataSource = AppointmentDT
        RadScheduler1.DataKeyField = "AppointmentID"
        RadScheduler1.DataStartField = "StartTime"
        RadScheduler1.DataEndField = "EndTime"
        RadScheduler1.DataSubjectField = "Subject"
        RadScheduler1.DataRecurrenceField = "RecurrenceRule"
        RadScheduler1.DataRecurrenceParentKeyField = "ParentID"
        RadScheduler1.DataDescriptionField = "Description"

The RecurrenceRule in the database is: FREQ=DAILY;UNTIL=20120905T000000Z
The ParentID in the database is set to NULL

I have attached a screenshot of what the Appointment currently looks like.

Please let me know if you can help.

Thanks

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 04 Sep 2012, 11:37 AM
Hello Allen,

I am unable to reproduce the problem locally with the provided code, because there is a custom data bind functionality, which I don't have. Also there is no EmployeeID column in your database and the query is not valid. I tested the scenario with a database, that I created from your script and Sql DataSource and works fine without any issues.

A possible reason for such behavior could be:
  • All other occurrences of the appointment are deleted except the master and it still has that icon.
  • No other appointments except the master meet the recurrence rule requirement.

I hope this information was helpful.

Regards,
Boyan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Al
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Sep 2012, 05:25 PM
Is it possible that the problem is because I am using a datatable?  The function I am using, "SqlRowToDT", returns a datatable with the results of my query in it.  I am then setting the datasource of the RadGrid to that datatable.

I am a little confused by, "All other occurrences of the appointment are deleted except the master and it still has that icon."

I only have one row in the table.  So there are no exceptions.  Also, I have this project working in a WinForms Scheduler and is displaying correctly.  

In regards to, "No other appointments except the master meet the recurrence rule requirement."
It has the RecurrenceRule value set as, "FREQ=DAILY;UNTIL=20120905T000000Z" with the StartDate at "2012-08-28 05:00:00.000"
Which should say, starting at 8/28, recur daily until 9/5.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Al
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Sep 2012, 07:59 PM
It seems that I may have partially found the problem, which then leads into another problem.

The recurrence rule given to me by the WinForms RadScheduler does not work in the ASP.Net RadScheduler.

WinForms RadScheduler gives me a RecurrenceRule of, "FREQ=DAILY;UNTIL=20120905T000000Z"

Creating a new appointment with the ASP.Net RadScheduler gives me a RecurrenceRule of, "DTSTART:20120830T110000Z
DTEND:20120830T120000Z
RRULE:FREQ=DAILY;COUNT=5;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,TH,FR,SA,SU"

When I attempt to use the WinForms rule in the ASP.Net RadScheduler I get a single appointment with no recurring appointments.

When I attempt to use the ASP.Net rule in my WinForms Application, the program crashes before the form finishes loading.

I am using both the WinForms and the ASP.Net RadSchedulers.  Please let me know what I can do to continue to use both.

Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 07 Sep 2012, 09:22 AM
Hello Allen,

Here is a really helpful forum discussion and sample project about converting a recurrence rule in order RadScheduler  to work fine with both WinForms and ASP.Net.

Hope this will help you solve the issue.

Regards,
Boyan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Al
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
Al
Top achievements
Rank 1