This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Grid Sorting Problem:- in the sorting date is only taking date and month part. It is not taking year part

1 Answer 34 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Manish
Top achievements
Rank 2
Manish asked on 10 Jul 2012, 10:32 AM
Hi,

I have a grid and in that i have by default sorting by date desc and default group by by date and i is by default expended. The problem is that the sorting order is desc of date but the date is only taking the date and the month part in the not measuring by the sorting.

Please see the attachment.

I have used following code for sorting and grouping

<SortExpressions >
                            <telerik:GridSortExpression FieldName="UpdatedDate" SortOrder="Descending"/>
                        </SortExpressions>
  <GroupByExpressions>
                            <telerik:GridGroupByExpression>
                                <GroupByFields>
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="UpdatedDate" SortOrder="Descending"  FormatString="{0:yy/mm/dd}" />
                                </GroupByFields>
                                <SelectFields>
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="UpdatedDate" />
                                </SelectFields>
                            </telerik:GridGroupByExpression>
                        </GroupByExpressions>
                        <GroupHeaderTemplate>
                            <asp:Label Text='<%#String.Format("{0:MM/dd/yy}", Eval("UpdatedDate"))%>' runat="server"
                                ID="lblDate" Style="font-weight: bold; color: Black;"></asp:Label>
                        </GroupHeaderTemplate>

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jul 2012, 08:57 AM
Hello,

Based on the provided information is too hard to find the source of issue. Could you share your complete page source code along with the code-behind file content?

Thus all the people who want to help you will have better understanding of your case.

Greetings,
Andrey
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Manish
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Andrey
Telerik team
Share this question
or