This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Layout cycle detected. Layout could not complete.

2 Answers 70 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
EDGAR JIMENEZ
Top achievements
Rank 1
EDGAR JIMENEZ asked on 23 Apr 2012, 04:35 PM

Hi Support,

I get this error while trying to group a column in the RadGridView:

Layout cycle detected. Layout could not complete.

The RadGridView is bound to a QueryableDomainServiceCollectionView using MVVM and uses a RadDataPager to implement paging. We are using SL5 and RadControls from Q1 2012.

Dragging any column on to the group panel, groups the grid and the grouped section appears collapsed as expected. Expanding the grouped section works fine too. But when I try to collapse the grouped section again, this error occurs. Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated. Also, let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nedyalko Nikolov
Telerik team
answered on 24 Apr 2012, 09:55 AM
Hello,

Generally WCF RIA Services does not support grouping internally, so every group operation is done on the client side. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce it with my sample project (you can download it from this blog post).
Could you send me a little bit more info about your scenario (or exacts steps how to simulate it)?

Kind regards,
Nedyalko Nikolov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Nedyalko Nikolov
Telerik team
answered on 24 Apr 2012, 09:57 AM
Hi,

I forgot to link the blog post. Here it is.

Greetings,
Nedyalko Nikolov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
GridView
Asked by
EDGAR JIMENEZ
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nedyalko Nikolov
Telerik team
Share this question
or