This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Chart View Issue Due to number of x-Axis scale points

3 Answers 78 Views
Chart (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Pawar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Pawar asked on 12 Apr 2012, 02:51 PM

Please help?

If I want to see below chart clearly, am trying to zoom in the chart by selecting some portion from chart.

Then, Screen is coming up as  attached Chart View Issue Due to number of x-Axis scale points1.

XY-axis Label’s position Issue: 
DID YOU OBSERVE THE X-AXIS AND Y-AXIS LABLE NAMES ARE AT THE SCALING POINT X-AXIS AROUND 25 AND Y-AXIS AROUND 150, NOW IF I SCROLL THE XYAXIS THE AXIS LABLE NAMES ARE STICKING AT 25,150 POINTS.

EXAMPLE, NOW AM ZOOMING IN MORE AND TRYING TO SCROLLING LEFT OR RIGHT ON X-AXIS AT SOME POINT, I CAN’T SEE THE LABLE NAME PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR UNDERSTANDING.

THE SAME SITUATION HAPPEN FOR YAXIS LABEL ALSO.

Please refer image XY-axis Label’s position Issue

Is this possible to limit the distance between two scale points on x-Axis ?

After I click on Zoom In, It is taking about 3mints to zoom the chart, is there any option to kill the performance?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ves
Telerik team
answered on 17 Apr 2012, 09:48 AM
Hi Pawar,

The current structure of RadChart places the axis title in the middle of the axis, so it may be hidden when zoomed in scrolling position is close to any of the axis ends. As for the performance - I am not sure about the exact gesture refer to by "click on Zoom In". Assuming this is the default "click and drag" for zooming in -- then the chart generates new images (chunks) on the server and sends them to the browser. While this might take some time, such a long delay is not expected and it is not observed in this example. You can review the code and check if there is anything substantially different in your setup, which could trigger such delay.

Best regards,
Ves
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Pawar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Apr 2012, 05:54 PM
Hi Ves,

I Understand that, Is there any other approach to place axis title auto-middle alway?

Thank You,
Pawar.
Ves
Telerik team
answered on 20 Apr 2012, 12:38 PM
Hi Pawar,

I am afraid there is no way to stick the axis label with the current implementation.

Best regards,
Ves
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Chart (Obsolete)
Asked by
Pawar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ves
Telerik team
Pawar
Top achievements
Rank 1