This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Feature Requests

1 Answer 53 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mike asked on 08 Feb 2012, 06:21 AM
Hi

I am using Just Code routinely now , and a feature I miss is an "Outliner Window"

You will recall VS 2008 had an add in that shows an Outline of the current Code editor , as a one liner per property , field , method etc. The was a VS 2010 version but that seems to have disappeared.

I am used to R# and Visual Assist X having the window and I think in navigational terms its a massive advantage especially in big classes with lots of methods etc.

There are add ins you can get but being a part of Just Code would be first prize.

The other area I have spotted is in the Naming Conventions , the granularity is not too good , for example I use camelCase for private methods and PascalCase for Public ones, ditto fo Variables and fields . There is currenly only one choice for ALL methods

Just a though for the future

Cheers

Mike

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivan
Telerik team
answered on 10 Feb 2012, 10:57 AM
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. The "Outliner Window" is indeed a very good feature. We have this logged and here is a link to its PITS item, where you can vote for it: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/details/Issue=6444.
As for the Naming Conventions request - we are planning to add the ability to create custom naming policies, where you can specify construct type and modifier. Currently, you are able to specify secondary naming policies, so that you can have methods with camel and Pascal case. Here is a sample demo how to do this: http://screencast.com/t/uQ1qeTiu5.
Your suggestions sound very interesting, that is why I added 800 Telerik Points to your account.
Your help is highly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Ivan
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivan
Telerik team
Share this question
or