This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Radtooltipmanager response error

2 Answers 126 Views
ToolTip
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Saimadhukar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Saimadhukar asked on 26 Jan 2012, 09:05 AM
hello,
we are using  telerik radscheduler with events in it when ever we hover on event a popup willopen shoeing info about event we used tooltipmanager to do that ,sometimes it is throwing an error
RadTooptipManger Response error:
Exception=Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed
i am not able to know why are we getting this ,we areusing Trailversion of telerik  please respond

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Jan 2012, 06:03 AM
Hello,

Take a look into this for more details about the error and also go through the following forum thread.
ToolTip response error

Thanks,
Princy.
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jan 2012, 09:42 AM
Hello Saimadhukar,

The problem you report is most probably caused by a server error in your code and it is shown as an alert due to the fact that AJAX is used. What I can suggest is to carefully debug the server code and see what causes the problem.

Note, also that MS AJAX does not allow to use some server methods as e.g Response.Redirect, Response.Write, etc. - you can see what are the methods which are supported in postback scenarios but not in AJAX ones below:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb386454.aspx

Since RadToolTipManager uses MS AJAX internally, in case you are using some of the above methods in the OnAjaxUpdate event, this is the reason for the issue. Please, check this out and revise your logic if this is the case.

In case you need further assistance, please prepare and send me a simple, fully runnable reproduction demo along with detailed reproduction steps and I will debug it for you and I will do my best to help.

All the best,
Svetlina Anati
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Tags
ToolTip
Asked by
Saimadhukar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team