This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Editor Chrome Issues

8 Answers 101 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Anil
Top achievements
Rank 1
Anil asked on 13 Jan 2012, 05:37 PM
Hi, 

We're using Q2 2011 SP1 and we're having multiple issue with chrome browser.

1. Changes font size say 32px and start typing. Its not keeping the fontsize
2. pastHTML(text) is not moving cursor after inserted text. same issue with other insert like insert time. e.g. click on Insert time and then again click on insert time. Cursor is not moving after the second insert time.

Also we are having issues with alignment in FF and IE.

FF: Type some text and click on center align or right align. Its not working.
IE: Type some text say "Telerik" hit enter twice and then click on center align. Text "Telerik" is also center aligned.

Thanks,
Anil

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jan 2012, 04:06 PM
Anil:

Since you're using a slightly older release of the RadControls (Q2 2011 SP1), you should try reproducing each of your issues using the online RadEditor "Editor/Default Settings" demo. The Telerik demo site is using the most current Version Q3 2011 released 01/05/2012.

CHROME ISSUES:
I have tried to reproduce your Chrome issues using 16.0.912.75 m and the above demo. Here's what I find:

"Changes font size say 32px and start typing. Its not keeping the fontsize"
Font sizes appear to be preserved with no problem.

(you will need to enable the full toolbar in the demo for the following test)

"pastHTML(text) is not moving cursor after inserted text."
The HTML text is inserted and the cursor positions itself after it.

"same issue with other insert like insert time. e.g. click on Insert time and then again click on insert time. Cursor is not moving after the second insert time."
The first insert time works as expected. But, as you noted, the cursor stays fixed and inserted times are placed to the right of the static cursor. This appears to still be an open issue.

FIREFOX ISSUES:
"Type some text and click on center align or right align. Its not working."
I cannot reproduce this when using Firefox 9.0.1 and the live demo. Newly added text can be selected and centered, aligned left or right, and justified.

INTERNET EXPLORER:
"Type some text say "Telerik" hit enter twice and then click on center align. Text "Telerik" is also center aligned."
If I understand your issue, it looks like this is still an open issue in the newest release.

If these issues are urgent, my suggestion is to open a support ticket with Telerik. Be sure to list the key problems that you have identified in an hierarchical order, most pressing to least. And, if possible, provide step-by-step instructions for them to reproduce problematic behaviors, including screen shots and/or videos.

Cheers!
Accepted
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jan 2012, 11:05 AM
Hi guys,

Straight to the points:

1) The first issue "Changes font size say 32px and start typing. Its not keeping the fontsize" is fixed in Q3 2011 SP1
Fixed: RealFontSize tool does not position the cursor correctly in Chrome 

2) pasteHtml cursor behavior in Chrome - I logged this issue for research and improvement in our PITS system. Here you can find the PITS Issue: Public URL. Anil, I updated your Telerik points for reporting this problem.

3) FF issue: Type some text and click on center align or right align. Its not working.  - this is also fixed in Q3 2011 SP1.

4) IE: Type some text say "Telerik" hit enter twice and then click on center align. Text "Telerik" is also center aligned.  - this is browser behavior - the alignment is applied to the whole paragraph as in MS Word. You can see the following KB article on the subject: http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/aspnet-ajax/editor/applying-indentation-or-alignment-per-line.aspx

Greetings,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Anil
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jan 2012, 10:45 PM
Thanks Rumen for the update about the issue.

I have one more issue related to chrome which can be reproducible in live demo as well.

- Type some text in the editor say "telerik"
- select text and click on hyperlink manager
- add url and then click on
- move cursor to end of the text and then hit enter
- type some text

Hyperlink is still applied to new text.

Anil
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jan 2012, 06:00 PM
Hi Anil,

I tried to reproduce the problem in the Default Example of RadEditor under Chrome but without success. Could you please see the following video http://screencast.com/t/bfKU8ynoNF and let me know what I am missing?

Are you able to replicate the problem in the Default Example? If yes, could you please record your steps with Jing and provide a reproduction video?

All the best,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Anil
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jan 2012, 11:20 PM
Rumen,

I can reproduce this in default demo as well. This is happening when you didn't insert url or url is invalid. You can see the reproduction video here http://screencast.com/t/AAxW2PHKeFjB

Thanks,
Anil
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jan 2012, 02:21 PM
Hello,

This is a browser behavior. When you click after the anchor and press Enter, the selection is still in the a tag and the <br> tags are actually inserted in the anchor but not outside it. See this video for more information: http://screencast.com/t/z1JOF20v0.

Best regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
Trevor
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Dec 2015, 09:41 PM

Ok, understood, is there anything we can do to avoid this???

We want to create emails and for font styles to be recognized by outlook the font tag needs to be inside.
When we hit enter the editor allows chrome to push the font tag outside of the anchor?????

Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jan 2016, 07:11 AM
Hi,

You can try implementing a custom content filter that moves the font tags inside the anchor element. 

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Anil
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rumen
Telerik team