Unknown Server Tag

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Saquib
    Saquib avatar
    18 posts

Posted 07 Nov 2011 Link to this post

Hello,

I have latest 2011 version of telerik controls. I have also registered Telerik.Web.UI namespace in my ascx/aspx pages. But when I try to use telerik controls the tags are underlined as if they are not recognized. I found in other discussion threads that adding telerik.charting dll to the bin folder does solve the problem, but I am not able to find this dll in my local computer. Could anyone guide me to its location. 

Thank you
    Saquib Mohammed.
  2. Sebastian
    Admin
    Sebastian avatar
    9934 posts

Posted 07 Nov 2011 Link to this post

Hello Saquib,

The Telerik Charting assembly has been IL merged to the Telerik.Web.UI dll from some time now. To address any design-time issues on unknown server tag errors, please refer to the guidelines from this documentation topic.

Regards,
    Sebastian
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Saquib
    Saquib avatar
    18 posts

Posted 14 Nov 2011 Link to this post

Hello Sebastian,

Thank you for the reply. I have gone through the link but not able to get it to work..

I have implemented method #2 and #3. I was able to see few control tags in the intellesence after implementing method #2. But those were very few, may be 12 and only in the web project, not even in its supporting projects that are in same solution.

FYI. I am using visual studio 2010 and the Telerik assemblies version is 2011.

Thank you
    Saquib.