TreeListView

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Paul
    Paul avatar
    24 posts

Posted 22 Jul 2011 Link to this post

Hi,

I am trying to alter your example code to allow the TreeListView to edit the data.

I have set the following attribute: -

IsReadOnly

="False"

On the RadTreeListView main element and also on each of the GridViewDataColumn elements. BUT when I attempt to edit a cell by double-click on the cell, I get an error thrown as follows: -

throw

new Error("Unhandled Error in Silverlight 2 Application [RFLCT.Targ_ITargMismatch]\nArguments: \nDebugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.0.60401.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=RFLCT.Targ_ITargMismatch at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.CheckConsistency(Object target)\n at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)\n at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)\n at Telerik.SilverlightExtensions.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.GetValue(Object component)");

Can you provide a simple example of how to achieve editing in this control ?...

Thanks Paul.
  2. Maya
    Admin
    Maya avatar
    4062 posts

Hi Paul,

Generally, there should be no problems to edit the RadTreeListView. What type is the collection the control is bound to in your case ? Do you have the IsReadOnly property set to any column ? 

All the best,
    Maya
    the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

3. DevCraft banner
  4. Paul
    Paul avatar
    24 posts

Hi Maya,

In response to your questions...

...as I posted in my original question...
    I am trying to alter your example code to allow the TreeListView to edit the data.

... and...

I have set the following attribute: -

IsReadOnly="False"

There appears to be nothing left that is read only...

Thanks - Paul.

There appears to be nothing left that is read only...Thanks - Paul.
  5. Maya
    Admin
    Maya avatar
    4062 posts

Posted 25 Jul 2011 Link to this post

Hello Paul,

I have tested the scenario and I was able freely to edit the elements in RadTreeListView. Please take a look at the sample attached to verify whether it corresponds to your requirements. Are you able to get the same behavior on this application ?

Kind regards,
    Maya
    the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!