This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Page Break

9 Answers 2470 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bader
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bader asked on 21 Jul 2011, 06:54 AM
Hello,

I have two issues:
1) I need to set the Page Break property in the report.

2) I need to display every item in a new page, for example, if Item 1 needs 2.5 pages to be dispalyed, then Item 2 must start in page 4 (Not in page 3) and so on...

Please, I need your help,
It is apprecited to send me step by step guide which could help set the Page Break property and how to handle the second issue.

Regards,
Bader

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jul 2011, 09:44 AM
Hi Bader,

The Page break mechanism in Telerik Reporting works per section only, so if a single record from your datasource produces 2 pages and a half, then if you set PageBreak to After for the detail section, it would automatically start the next record from a new page. If you have groups, you would have to consider them as well i.e. the page break might be applied to the groupfooter section instead.

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Bader
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jul 2011, 09:57 AM
Hello,

Thank you for your reply,
It is not working with me.
In case I create an automatic report, I have to write "=PageBraek()" in the details section?

Please, I nend your help,
It is appreciated to send me a screen-shot or a sample report.

Regards,
Bader
Accepted
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jul 2011, 10:11 AM
Hello Bader,

PageBreak is a property of each section and not an expression. Read carefully our previous reply.

Best wishes,
Steve
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

Mohammed
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 20 Mar 2013, 05:09 AM
Hi guys,
I have two items in the group section.
i want to force the second item to be rendered in a new page when the user export or print the report. how can I do that
Regards,
Mohammed
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 22 Mar 2013, 01:48 PM
Hi Mohammed,

You can set page breaks only to report sections. Thus our suggestion is to move one of the report items in another report section. For more information check out the Understanding Report Sections help article.

All the best,
Peter
the Telerik team

Telerik Reporting Q1 2013 available for download with impressive new visualizations. Download today from your account.

Tony
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 11 Nov 2016, 12:20 AM

Hello,

All of the info I have found in regards to Page Breaking is at least 3 years old and the links in the forums are now marked obsolete.  Can you please provide info on how to use page breaks in the current version?

Thanks!

Stef
Telerik team
answered on 11 Nov 2016, 08:40 AM
Hi Anthony,

Please check the updated Understanding Pagination help article.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik by Progress
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Kinsey
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Jan 2018, 02:25 PM

Here's a workaround if you have a report that needs a page break in a place that isn't "allowed."

Create a new report. Delete the header and footer sections. On the detail section, set CanShrink="true" and PageBreak="After."

Add a SubReport to your report and set its source to the new report you created.

Kinda hackish, but it works!

Dilo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jan 2020, 11:26 AM

This is actually the best answer. Can't wrap my mind around it that this is the solution.

Anyway, thanks :D

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Bader
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Bader
Top achievements