This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadToolTipManager response error:

4 Answers 198 Views
ToolTip
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
DAI
Top achievements
Rank 1
DAI asked on 22 May 2011, 03:02 AM
RadToolTipManager response error:
 Exception=Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 23 May 2011, 10:38 AM
Hello DAI,

This error is not directly related to RadControls but to your custom code and general ASP.NET knowledge.This error occurs when the layout of the form being submitted differs from what has been defined on the server side and you have validation enabled. This is usually caused by adding new fields, or items to forms using client script, or the end user submits the form before the page has finished rendering because the server needs the following line

<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTVALIDATION" id="__EVENTVALIDATION"
value="somestringofgiberish"

to be correctly rendered before submitting the form. It is a feature to stop people submitting their own forms to your ASP.net page.

What I can suggest is to set the enableEventValidation property to false either in the page directive or in the Web.config. This should fix the problem but I also recommend to search the net for other possible solutions.

All the best,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Andrei
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 29 Jul 2011, 03:45 PM
Hi,

I am getting this silly error:
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 14:44:20 UTC

Message: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.
Line: 5
Char: 16109
Code: 0
URI: http://localhost:5986/IDS/ScriptResource.axd?d=5bo2SsFDxX8_VBtRRIHx2kB2kPajBJSu5WuFQqYY4kxoZb0o1vio1EAIfBTqznedsdAbWfJeNYUQbXVgHX-50Y60ydJMKOnrQnjKCoOQ7f203LvpXsR50f3J0Obqd0ORWsfgg7V0rtNy-5M-7wSFGb0EtKb25TwjnxSa18g36jvfFbJn0&t=ffffffffa5d4ef3e

I have tried what you suggest in the Web.config file and does not work.
<pages validateRequest="false" enableEventValidation="false" viewStateEncryptionMode ="Never">
        <controls>
            <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
            <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls" assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
            <add tagPrefix="telerik" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" assembly="Telerik.Web.UI"/>
            <add tagPrefix="sitefinity" namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields" assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity"/>
        </controls>
    </pages>
Anybody else has come accross this issue.

Thanks,
Andrei
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 01 Aug 2011, 03:27 PM
Hi Andrei,

This error is usually related to the ViewState of your page and not to the Telerik controls. Please examine the following google search for ways to combat this issue:
http://www.google.com/search?&q=Validation+of+viewstate+MAC+failed
and, for example, these resources:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/tom/archive/2008/03/14/validation-of-viewstate-mac-failed-error.aspx
http://www.eukhost.com/forums/f15/fix-validation-viewstate-mac-failed-6085/
as they propose some alternate solutions to the one you already tried.
I hope this will help you resolve the situation.

Greetings,
Marin
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Andrei
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 01 Aug 2011, 03:33 PM
Hi Martin,

Sorry for not getting back to this thread. Your colleague Georgi Chokov  has
given me a helping hand and now its working. The solution was:

<pages enableViewStateMac="false" enableEventValidation="false">

I hope someone else will find this helpful.

Many thanks again,
Andrei
Tags
ToolTip
Asked by
DAI
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
Andrei