This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadCarousel

11 Answers 294 Views
Carousel
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Oliver
Top achievements
Rank 1
Oliver asked on 13 May 2011, 09:00 PM
Hi,

I'm working on a WPF application which include RadCarousel component (Telerik V2010.3.1314.35). I have some questions about the component. In my RadCarousel, I have multiple images.

1. Actually, I'm trying to know if the click made by the user in the RadCarousel was on the top image or not. If the click was on the top image, I will bring him another RadCarousel full screen with the top image and maybe all associated images ortherwise I will keep the normal behavior.

2. Actually, all existing images in my RadCarousel are not aligned horizontally, all of them are aligned on a "3/4 of a circle line". The problem I have actually is when I bring up a full screen RadCarousel to my users, I'm trying to center the selected image and use the maximum height possible to display the selected image. Because I have the horizonal scroll panel of my RadCarousel visible, which is necessary, plus the fact that my image is centered on the "3/4 of the circle line", I lost spaces to display my image. How I can fix it???

Thank`s

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Maya
Telerik team
answered on 16 May 2011, 06:52 AM
Hello Oliver,

The topmost item is the TopContainer - you may get it like follows:

CarouselItem topmostItem = this.myCarousel.FindCarouselPanel().TopContainer as CarouselItem;

Consequently, you may verify whether the clicked item is the top container. 
Considering your second issue, if you want the path of the carousel to be a horizontal one, you may follow the approach illustrated in this forum thread.
Let me know in case you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Maya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Oliver
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 May 2011, 03:31 PM
Hi,

If I understand, TopContainer alway return the top most z-index items???

Regarding this, can you explain the difference between, CurrentItem, SelectedItem and TopContainer???
Can you tell me if MoveBy, changing CurrentItem/SelectedItem should altered TopContainer content???

Thank's
Maya
Telerik team
answered on 16 May 2011, 05:33 PM
Hi Oliver,

Indeed, the TopContainer is the carousel item with the biggest Z-index. The SelectedItem is the data item of the selected carousel item, while the CurrentItem is the one that holds the focus. The later may or may not coincide with the first one. 
Executing the MoveBy(int value) method will change the TopContainer item, but not the selected one.

Regards,
Maya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Oliver
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 May 2011, 06:13 PM
Ok nice,

I guest, to force SelectedItem to be equal to the item in top container, I just have to do something like this: SelectedItem = TopContainer.Object

Thank's
Oliver
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 May 2011, 08:52 PM
Hi,

using "

<

Path x:Key="horizontalPath" Stretch="Fill" Opacity="1" Data="M 9,200 C9,200 450,200 450,200" Stroke="#FFB4B4B4" StrokeThickness="1"/>

"

seem's looking that the scroll is in reverse mode :(

Thank's
Maya
Telerik team
answered on 17 May 2011, 08:30 AM
Hello Oliver,

I have tested the sample project in this forum thread and it seems to work correct. May you take a look at this small video illustrating the behavior on my side ? Is it different at yours ?

All the best,
Maya
the Telerik team
Oliver
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 May 2011, 02:30 PM
Hi,

the reverse problem occured when I don't use the "Path" parameter, I'm sorry... :(

Without the "Path" parameter, if I click on the left scrolling button of the carousel navigation bar, the image start scrolling
from left to right... If I use the "Path" parameter and I click on the carousel navigation bar, the image start scrolling
from right to left.

BTW, can you tell me if you have DETAILED help file about Telerik components??? Actually, in VS when I get throught the help of PATH property, I see: Gets or sets the carousel path
So, in this situation, I don't even know what I can use as a values for this propertiy ;)

Thank's
Maya
Telerik team
answered on 18 May 2011, 12:41 PM
Hello Oliver,

You may run through our online documentation and demos considering examples of RadCarousel and RadCarouselPanel. Furthermore, you may look at our forums as well. However, if this is not enough and you feel there should be articles that need to be added in our documentation or examples, please do not hesitate to share your feedback.
As for setting the path property, the movement direction depends on the defined start and end points of the path. Here is the place to apologize as I picked up a wrong example to simulate the issue you reported. The FirstLook example has a specific path set through the CreateLinePath() method. The default path is the one that you see at the mentioned sample project without setting the Path property. 
If you want to change the direction of the HorizontalPath, you can change the places of the numbers in the Data property. 

All the best,
Maya
the Telerik team
Shameel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Mar 2016, 10:30 AM

Hi Oliver,

Do you have any Solution to solve this Direction issue when using Path data property..

Maya
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2016, 08:59 AM
Hi Shameel,

Will it be possible to clarify what your exact issue is? Do you get wrong scrolling directly with the default path of RadCarouselPanel?

Regards,
Maya
Telerik
Do you need help with upgrading your AJAX, WPF or WinForms project? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Shameel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Mar 2016, 04:51 AM

Hi Maya,

I solved my issue using the Path Property, The code is given below..

<Path x:Key="horizontalPath" Stretch="Fill">
                        <Path.Data>
                            <LineGeometry StartPoint="300,200" EndPoint="20,200" />
                        </Path.Data>
                    </Path>

Tags
Carousel
Asked by
Oliver
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Maya
Telerik team
Oliver