Crash on startup

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Stefan Szasz
    Stefan Szasz avatar
    1 posts

Posted 28 Apr 2011 Link to this post

Hello guys,

First, allow me congratulate all of you for this great product.

I am experiencing a crash when I select an assembly, right click on 'Open With...' and choose JustDecompile:

---------------------------
    Error
    An error has occurred. Please, report this exception to the Telerik team (Use CTRL + C to copy the text). Thanks in advance!

Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Modularity.ModuleTypeLoadingException: Failed to load type for module HistoryModule.

If this error occurred when using MEF in a Silverlight application, please ensure that the CopyLocal property of the reference to the MefExtensions assembly is set to true in the main application/shell and false in all other assemblies.

Error was: Could not load file or assembly 'JustDecompile.History.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'JustDecompile.History.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.nGetFileInformation(String s)

at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.GetAssemblyName(String assemblyFile)

at System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.AssemblyCatalog.LoadAssembly(String codeBase)

at System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.AssemblyCatalog..ctor(String codeBase, ICompositionElement definitionOrigin)

at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions.Modularity.MefFileModuleTypeLoader.LoadModuleType(ModuleInfo moduleInfo)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Modularity.ModuleManager.HandleModuleTypeLoadingError(ModuleInfo moduleInfo, Exception exception)

at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions.Modularity.MefFileModuleTypeLoader.LoadModuleType(ModuleInfo moduleInfo)

at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Modularity.ModuleManager.LoadModuleTypes(IEnumerable`1 moduleInfos)

at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions.MefBootstrapper.Run(Boolean runWithDefaultConfiguration)

at JustDecompile.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e) in c:\B\Behemoth\JustDecompile Production Build\Sources\UI\JustDecompile\App.xaml.cs:line 16

at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)

at System.Windows.Application.Run()

at JustDecompile.App.() in c:\B\Behemoth\JustDecompile Production Build\Sources\UI\JustDecompile\obj\Release\App.g.cs:line 16777215
    OK  

Please note that this doesn't happen when I open JustDecompile and drop the same assembly on the tree.

HTH 

2. Todd Anglin
    Todd Anglin avatar
    2040 posts

Posted 28 Apr 2011 Link to this post

Stefan-

We're glad you like the product and thank you very much for getting involved in the beta to provide feedback!

I have confirmed that using the Windows "Open With..." option to launch JustDecompile does not currently work. It seems that approach causes issues with MEF, which is trying to load the built-in JustDecompile modules on startup. We'll definitely address this in the post-Beta builds and make sure this scenario is working for the official release.

-Todd
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. developer
    developer avatar
    2 posts

Posted 10 Oct 2011 Link to this post

I am having a similar issue. I just downloaded the latest JustDecompile. When I run the first time, I see loading assemblies and then it crashes. I don't see any messages to why. I am on XP sp3. All the .NET frameworks are installed.
  5. Vladi
    Admin
    Vladi avatar
    167 posts

Posted 11 Oct 2011 Link to this post

Hello Altug,

Thanks for sending us your feedback. We have just released a newer version (from October 10). Can you please download it and try to install a clean copy of it (uninstall the previous version before continuing with the installation), and let us know whether this works for you?

Best wishes,
    Vladi
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>