Memory Leaks???

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. mark baer
    mark baer avatar
    142 posts

Posted 30 Mar 2011 Link to this post

Is it possible that there is some kind of memory leak in the latest build?  I never had this problem before I installed the Telerik controls, but in the past week, I keep getting these types of messages and I need to restart Visual Studio 2010.  I'm running VS 2010 on Windows 7.  I am building an ASP.NET 4.0 Ajax application.

Error 23 Metadata file 'c:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2011\Bin40\Telerik.Web.UI.dll' could not be opened -- 'Not enough storage is available to process this command. ' CreativeAffairsWebApp

HELP?!

Thanks
  2. Bodevain Svensson
    Bodevain Svensson avatar
    195 posts
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. mark baer
    mark baer avatar
    142 posts

Posted 31 Mar 2011 Link to this post

I seriously doubt it.  I have 4 Gigs of Ram on this box and I just watched the memory for VS increase from 279 mb to over 500 in about 15-30 minutes.  Is also seems to do it when I have VS in "Split" mode instead of just "code" view.  I think viewing the designer page is part of the problem, but I'm not sure... 

Outlook and IE were the only 2 other apps open at the time.  The articles listed talked about VS using over 2 Gigs of memory.  I have another Solution for .Net under VS 2008 that has over 20 projects in it and I don't get memory exceptions with that solution.  This solution only has 3 Projects all of which are pretty small in size...

I hope Telerik has an answer for this. 

Again, I NEVER had this problem until after I installed the Telerik Controls.

Thanks though for offering help.
  5. Kiara
    Kiara avatar
    309 posts

Posted 06 Apr 2011 Link to this post

Does clearing the VS cache and restarting the dev environment free the memory? Then try to reopen the project again and monitor the memory consumption to compare the results. I experienced similar oddity a couple of times with my projects (although big solutions with many referenced inner projects) and this was the quick and dirty solution.

Kiara
  6. mark baer
    mark baer avatar
    142 posts

Posted 07 Apr 2011 Link to this post

Yes, that does help, but I was wondering if there is a more permanent solution.  I didn't have this problem before I installed the Telerik Controls.  Now it mainly happens when I have VS in "Split Mode" where you see the Designer and the code.  If I don't have the Designer page open, the memory doesn't seem to increase...

thanks
UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017