This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

403 on chartimage

2 Answers 64 Views
Chart (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michael asked on 29 Sep 2014, 09:39 AM
Hi,

We use telerik radchart for charting in our app, we've been using it for some time and recently upgraded to 2013.2.717.40 in our app (which was the most recent version our expired subscription had).

Since then, we get a 403 error when using a chart image:

ASPX:
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Charting" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<telerik:RadChart ID="RadChart" IntelligentLabelsEnabled="True" runat="server" CssClass="RadChart" DefaultType="Spline" />

The web.config has:
<httpHandlers>
<add path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" verb="*" validate="false" />
</httpHandlers>

and
<handlers>
      <remove name="ChartImage_axd" />
<add name="ChartImage_axd" path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" />
</handlers>

And I get a 403 permission denied on the url for the ChartImage.axd

The image is correctly created and cached in the appropriate temporary folder we've configured for use.

In processmonitor, as soon as that file is correctly written, the 403 failed request trace log file is created (we've enabled failed request tracing)

That file contains:
ModuleName IsapiModule 
Notification 128 
HttpStatus 403 
HttpReason Forbidden 
HttpSubStatus 0 
ErrorCode 0 
ConfigExceptionInfo  
Notification EXECUTE_REQUEST_HANDLER 
ErrorCode The operation completed successfully. (0x0) 

I'm now at a loss.

I can't see anything being denied permissions and it looks like the web.config is set right for charting.

Any ideas?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Sep 2014, 09:48 AM
Seemed to work by changing temp image path from /app/generatedimages to ~/generatedimages

Danail Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 01 Oct 2014, 11:28 AM
Hello Michael,

I can also suggest that you use the newer RadHtmlChart control, instead of the obsolete RadChart. More information on the matter is available in this blog post.

Regards,
Danail Vasilev
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Chart (Obsolete)
Asked by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Danail Vasilev
Telerik team