Thank you for your interest.
Unfortunately Funnel series type is not included in our current product backlog and will not be available as part of the Q1 2012 release. We will do our best to introduce it with Q2 2012, however, most likely Funnel 2D series type will be added as part of the new RadChartView control
as we have focused most of our new development effort in this direction.
Here are some of the most important highlights for RadChartView (currently BETA, official release for Q1 2012):
- Performance: exceptional performance, intuitive and easy-to-use model and pixel-perfectness were some of the major tasks we have set for this new control.
- We have separated the chart into several layers, where the core one is totally platform agnostic and is built on top of our custom logical tree. We call this layer the “View Model” of the chart.
- We have a custom property store used within the charting logical tree. It is about 5 times faster than DependencyObject in look-up time and consumes about 3 times less memory.
- We have an entirely custom layout and do not rely on the SL layout system to arrange our charting view models.
- We have a stand-alone visualization layer that presents the chart view model. Every view model is presented by the simplest possible SL visual – e.g. Rectangle, Line, Polyline, etc. Still, every single aspect is fully customizable by specifying Data Templates or Styles.
- We use Canvas – the only SL panel that does not invalidate measure automatically. When a redraw of some charting part is required, we simply update the Width, Height and Canvas.Left, Canvas.Top properties of the corresponding visual. A simple test proved that calling InvalidateMeasure of the canvas upon a change the in view model degrades performance about 10 times.
- Architecture: a number of chart controls built for a specific purpose vs one monolith control (provides cleaner, simpler, and relevant API)
- RadCartesianChart -- hosts Bar, Area, Line, Spline, SplineArea, ScatterPoint, Candlestick, and OHLC series types (and their horizontal & stacked / stacked100 equivalents where applicable).
- RadPieChart -- hosts Pie series type.
- RadPolarChart -- hosts PolarLine, PolarArea, PolarPoint, RadarLine, RadarArea, RadarPoint series types.
- Notable features
- Financial indicators -- support for about 20 most common financial indicators to complement the data visualization for all cartesian series types.
- Extended DateTime support built-in in the axes' logic
- DateTimeCategoricalAxis -- Specialized categorical axis that expects each data point to provide a System.DateTime structure as its value for this axis. The points are grouped by a user-defined date-time component (Year, Month, Day, etc.) and then the groups are sorted chronologically.
- DateTimeContinuousAxis -- Specialized axis that expects each data point to provide a System.DateTime structure as its value for this axis. May be thought of as a timeline where the coordinate of each data point is calculated depending on the position of its associated DateTime on the timeline. The base unit (or the timeline step) of the axis is calculated depending on the smallest difference between any two dates.
- Support for linear and logarithmic axes.
- Built-in data sampling (with extended DateTime awareness)
- PanAndZoom Behavior -- with smooth scrolling support.
- TrackBall Behavior (also known as current value indicator)
- ToolTip Behavior
- Selection Behavior
the Telerik team
Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>